iii. caroline forbes

"Hey, it's me again. Are you ready for another one hell of a ride? Well, fasten your seatbelts because this may or may not shock you. I'm going to be straightforward with this thing because you, too, were straightforward when you tried to hurt me. Caroline Forbes, this one is for you. Let's go back to the same year me and Tyler started hanging out and then Matt. You grew jealous because Tyler nor Matt ever liked you and it made everything worse for you because they both liked me, the perfect girl. Look, I never really wanted to date him because he was a player. I...I just don't know what made me like him. Then, you decide to invite me to a party and hand me a spiked drink. A few days later, you tell my mom I've been drinking and using drugs. You made my mom send me to an estranged aunt down in Texas for 4 months. you know what I had to go through there? No, I won't tell you because you feeling pity for me will have no use at all. I just can't find a reason to forgive you. But, I want you to know this, I could've helped you get Matt or Tyler, back then."

Then it cuts back to silence. Caroline was mortified, her deepest secret was now a known fact. She felt horrible and embarrassed as she dealt with everyone's stares, each of them wondering how Vampire Barbie could do this, it was obvious to everyone that Caroline was jealous of Elena but to go this far over a guy.

The Mikaelsons and Salvatore's realized that no one was who they seemed to be, that this town was drenched in secrets.

And sooner or later the truth will come to light. 

The Salvatore's just wished it didn't end this way, with Elena dead.