Surprises - Part 1.

Exams are a pain in the ass

Exams are a pain in the ass. I did not sleep for three freaking days at all and the other days I slept for hardly two to three hours. I literally used to walk to the examination hall like a zombie.

"Get ready, we are leaving in 10 minutes," Riya declared the moment I lay down on the bed.

"Huh?"

"Shopping!"

"Not today, please."

"Nope."

I had planned to sleep the whole day but I don't see that happening. Riya can be very persistent if she wants.

"Why?"

"Because it's your birthday tomorrow, fucktard."

My eyes widened. Did I really forget about my birthday? Birthdays are something which really gets me excited, be it someone else's birthday or my own.

Even though I am 24, well technically turning 25 in less than twenty-four hours, I get excited like a teen.

I was quite, lost in my thoughts for a very long time because I felt someone shake me to bring me back to earth.

"Did you doze off."

"Obviously no, idiot! I was lost in my thoughts."

"Thoughts? Care to share?"

"It might sound strange but I completely forgot about my birthday. This is the first time. It's so weird. I have literally no one. If one was asked to comment on - how fucked up my life was on a scale of one to ten, I am sure their reply would be - there is not a single scale in the world that could measure how fucked up your life is."

Riya burst out laughing. This got me a little worked up but I chose to ignore. I recalled my words and burst out laughing too.

"I know how you feel at the moment but we cannot really do anything about it. That only thing that will make you happy is shopping and lots of shopping."

I opened my mouth to say 'I don't have a lot of money' when Riya motioned with her hand to zip it.

"No need to crib about money. I have been saving too from a long time and we can go to one of the local stores instead of the branded ones."