The Bet.

I came home with a backache

I came home with a backache. Hours of working continuously was now taking a toll on me. Work is my best distraction. It keeps me away from the reality.

Hey babe. I will be there to pick my car and you in 30 minutes. I am coming by cab. Be ready! 💋
Krissy.
xoxo

Yeah, okay.

That means I have to spend 30 minutes in this house with her. I went in the drawing room and crashed on the couch leaning my head on the head rest. 

A shuffling sound made me open my eyes. Rishita was standing there with a glass of water in her hand. She kept it on the table and disappeared in the kitchen. A pang of guilt hit me. She left her home, her parents just to be with me. And I was not even treating her well. She was forced to get married to me too. 

Wait.

What was the reason behind that? Did she too have an affair with someone? I don't know why but this thought did not settle well with me. I ignored the uneasiness and drank the water she had offered. I then started making my way towards my bedroom. I changed into a black fitted T-shirt and a blue jeans. I did not bother combing my hair. I liked them messy, and even Kristen did.

I walked out of the room ready to hit the club. I needed a break from all this. So I had decided to call my friends and we would hit the club together, like always. I was about to leave when a very delicious aroma hit my nostrils. I went in the kitchen and saw Rishita cooking dinner. She was wearing a simple salwar kurta which fitted her body perfectly. Her hair were tied up and she was swaying from one place to another with headphones plugged in her ears. I could not stop myself from gawking at her. Indeed she was beautiful.

Wait, what the fuck am I doing?

I went near the fridge and took out a bottle of water. She must have  sensed my presence because she turned around to look at me. She stared at me from top to bottom. And when her eyes landed on my face, a smirk was already playing on my lips.
She frowned at me and gave me a questioning look.