Friends?

"Take care of your new family, Rishita

"Take care of your new family, Rishita. You are going to live there forever," my mother said as I walked in the living room to leave.

"Yes, mom," I said monotonously.

I had come back home to meet my parents. It was another stupid ritual. After getting married you had to visit your parents again for a day. Don't  even ask me the reason. I was just following orders. Vihaan's mother was still out on her trip and won't  return for another week. 

"R-Rishi," my mother spoke again,  hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

"Are you happy?"

"Does that even matter? You have already pushed me to hell, maa. It does not matter if I am happy or not," I said.

"But Rishita said that you are not coming," I heard my dad's voice.

"Vihaan, what are you doing here?" I asked completely shocked.

"Came to pick you up. Mom called up this morning to say that you were coming here," he said. "You should have told me you were visiting your parents, I would have dropped you."

"She did not tell you?" My father asked glaring at me.

"I didn't know either that I was coming. Vihaan's mother called me up to inform that I should complete this ritual. She called me after you left for your office," I said defensively.

"Still you should have  just called him or something," my father said still  glaring. 

I did not say anything. I just nodded and whispered a sorry.

"Anyway, now that you are here,  have dinner with us," my father said.

Till then my mother and Ayush joined us in the living room.

"Yes beta, have dinner," my mother insisted.

"No thanks, Mom. We will have it when we go home. We will just leave," Vihaan said politely.

My parents agreed to that. I don't know how? They can be very persistent if they want. We bid our farewell and sat in the car. 

I looked outside the window as the world passed by me in a blur.