27

I don't have class or work today, so my plan was to sleep in, but the insistent vibrations and chimes of my phone are proving to make that impossible.

Reluctantly, I reach over to my nightstand and bring my phone to my face, squinting at the bright screen and scrolling through the group message.

El: Anyone want to hang out?

Darby: Meeee!

Parker: Sure. What are we doing?

El: Mall? Food? Both?

Kit: I'm down. My class gets out in ten.

Parker: Sounds good to me.

Darby: Me too! 

Parker: Darby, where's your boyfriend? Why isn't he replying

El: He's probably still asleep. He's lazy, you know that

Kit: I'll swing by the dorms and get him. 

Parker: Meet at the apartment?

El: Yeah, Darby I'll come to yours in five. :)

Darby: K. :)

Just as I finish reading through the conversation, I hear a knock on my door. Knowing that it's Kit, I stumble out of bed and don't bother with grabbing a shirt. When I pull open the door though, my brother is not the person staring back at me. 

Instead it's the red headed witch herself. 

"Is - uh -where's Parker?" Hannah stutters, her eyes glued to my bare chest. 

Gross. 

"He's not here." I close the door and shudder at the though of her checking me out. I can hear her voice again on the other side of the door, and then I hear Kit. 

Hannah and Kit dated for a few months before he became the definition of anti-social, but after he and Ellie became official, he finally came clean to Hannah about why he ignored her. Hannah accepted his apology and even went as far as to semi apologize to Ellie for all the crap she gave her. Nothing changed for me and Hannah though, we still hate each other. 

I put on a shirt before opening the door again. Hannah is walking down the hall and Kit pushes past me, making himself at home on my futon. 

"I'm not living with Parker next semester. I can't deal with all the girls looking for him every day." 

"I thought he was dating Darby's friend?"

I walk over to my closet, "Bethany? No, they're not dating. Darby says she's convinced that she's changing Parker though, whatever that means. Darby has told her that he still sees other girls though, so she's not in the dark."

"Speaking of." Kit turns his phone towards me just as I hear my own phone buzz from across the room.

 I'm too far away to read Kit's screen but there's no need, "Park is bringing Bethany to the mall." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two hours of the three girls going into almost every store in the mall while Kit, Parker, and I wait outside holding bags like the dutiful husband, boyfriend, and whatever Parker is that we are; it's finally time to eat. 

We're seated in the food court, everyone eating, talking, and laughing when Kit clears his throat. 

"Oh, so I guess I have some news." He looks at Ellie before looking at everyone else, and I can tell that this is going to be news to her.