Chapter 20

Elena's POV

Yupp.. That just happened. Talk about awkward! I feel absolutely terrible. What if Hayes finds out?! He'll hate me forever, and we just got back on good terms. Nash and I both agreed that we weren't gonna tell Hayes, but what if the guilt is too overpowering? I heard the door slam, and I saw Jenn run in. Soon after, Jace walked in after her. I didn't even know he was back. "Jace!!!" I shouted running to hug him. Then, I heard another door slam shut; it was Jenn's bedroom door.

"I don't think she wants to talk to or see you." I said while laughing a bit.

"We already talked. She saw her ex when we were walking." He explained.

"Carter?" I questioned.

"I think so.. Unless she was dating this Taylor guy." I'm pretty sure Taylor would have no problem kicking Jace's ass. They did have the same build, so who knows who would win. 

"I don't think they were dating... Anyways, what are you doing here?" 

"I came to surprise you guys; I heard you were here with mom." Jace explained. I hugged him again. 

Katherine's POV

I was still in Matt's arms. I was shocked that he said that. I slowly pushed away from Matt.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, confused.

"Matt... You're leaving in 13 days. You can't say that." 

"Why?" Matt asked getting angry. "I can't tell my girlfriend I love her?"

"We've only known each other for a month, Matt! You don't even know what love is!" He looked hurt by my words; I felt terrible the second I looked at his face. I hurt Matt... 

"Then I guess I don't know what it means to be a good boyfriend. You're right; I think we should end this before it gets any further." He walked away from me, leaving me in a river of tears.

Jenn's POV

I am a terrible person! First, I kiss Taylor while I was dating Carter. Then, I almost kiss Jace when I start hanging out with Taylor. Here's the best part... Carter sees. My life officially sucks right now!

"Hey. Are you okay?" I hear Elena say as she lightly knocks on the door.

"I'm fine." I bluntly reply. 

"Then open the door, so we can talk!" I walk over to the door and open it, letting Elena in. 

"Now, tell me everything! About what happened when you were with Jace." I told Elena the whole story, and by the end, she was in shock.

"I know. I know. I'm a terrible person." 

"No you're not... You're just...confused?" Elena was right. I was confused. Boys these days!!

Thanks for reading, and thanks for 3.5K reads!!!! Sorry it's short.. I'll be sure to update every Sunday when I update my other book, It Hurt. Keep reading, voting, and commenting. Lastly, follow me on Instagram for updates.

My username is...   ---->   thewriter11_ <----