Chapter 6

Taylor's POV

"Hey, Carter! What are you doing up?" I asked.

"Oh you know... Just trying to figure out a way to tell my best friend that you are trying to get his girl." He said bitterly.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I questioned him. I seriously had no idea what he was talking about..

"I heard you making plans to meet Katherine at the cafe later.. What's that about?" Was I seriously being interrogated?

"I just need to talk to her... Okay?" Crap! I couldn't tell him why Katherine and I were gonna talk later. No one can know.. Not yet!

"Fine, whatever!" Carter said as he purposely bumped into my shoulder. He would know soon enough, but if I told him Katherine would kill me... Literally! I know Matt and Carter are gonna be mad at me, but I'd do anything for her... I love her!

Katherine's POV

I woke pretty early... That was normal though; I had a severe case of sleep deprivation. Today was the day I was gonna talk to Taylor. I was both excited and scared... I hope Cameron won't be asking him any questions; I would die if anyone found out... Enough about that... I went and woke up Elena and Jenn. "Wake up!!!!!" I yelled into both of their rooms.

"Get the hell out! I'm trying to sleep!!!" Elena yelled back.

"ZAYUMM bae!!" I made her laugh when I said that. That was phrase I absolutely never used! Soon after, they were both up and eating breakfast. Since none of us were excellent cooks, we got take out. I checked my phone, and I had a text from Matt. Hey I think we should hang out today! Umm... I wasn't sure if that was the best idea, but how could I say no? Sure! When and where? I just hope it was long after I meet with Taylor. How about 2 at the park? Matt asked. It's like he read my mind! Perfect (: See you then! I replied. I just sat around the house hanging with Elena and Jenn when I heard a knock at the door. I looked at the time and it was 1... Crap!

"Get the door while I get ready!" I yelled to Elena or Jenn. I ran up to my room and threw on jean shorts and a Magcon hoodie Elena bought for me. I put on my black, sparkly Vans; then I ran downstairs. Taylor was standing in the entry way waiting for me.

"Hey!" He said when he saw me rushing down the stairs.

"Hey..." I replied, vaguely. We walked to the cafe in an awkward silence. I really didn't want to talk to Taylor right now, or at all! We got to the cafe and sat at a booth; he broke the silence.

"So... I think we really need to talk about what happened. I know it's the last thing you wanna hear, but I have to apoligize. I was a jerk!" He said. Taylor and I go way back; we dated once. He broke my heart. Of course I knew that he would recognize me, but I think this talk was overdue.

"I know... I was there, and I'm glad you're apoligizing. I think we both just need to move on from that." I said. He seemed a little... Sad? After I said that. "What?" I asked confused.

"Nothing... I just thought that we could... Ya know. Start over?" He asked more than said. How could I just start over with a boy who broke my heart? While we're dating, everything was perfect until he suddenly broke up with me. Since then, I never really trusted any guy. I guess I was just a blind 15 year old; this happened about a year and a half ago.

"I don't know, Taylor. I've been hanging out with Matt and--" I was cut off by an angry looking Taylor.

"You know what? Forget I said anything. I'm sorry for everything I did! Bye.." He said as he stood up and left me sitting there confused. I thought he would've moved on by now... Guess not. He's the one who decided to end things, so why is he the angry one? Whatever! I can't think about this right now. I walked around town for a while, and about 30 minutes later I got a text... It was Matt. Oh my god! What time was it? You coming? I took off running toward the park; I wasn't gonna stop until I got there.

Matthew's POV

I sat on the swing in the park waiting for Katherine. Is she coming or not? (or nah... Sorry couldn't resist (: !) I texted her, but she didn't reply... Suddenly, I see this figure running toward me. "Katherine?" She ran up to me, and I stood up. Before I knew it, she was in my arms.

"I'm so sorry I'm late! I was talking to Taylor at the cafe. I must've lost track of time!" She was talking in between breaths. She must have ran here from the cafe.

"Why were you talking to Taylor?" I asked. I was hoping she would just tell me everything. The truth would be wonderful! She sighed then looked up at me.

"Umm... We wanted to just hang out." She said quickly. I knew she was lying; I could see it in her eyes.

"You can tell me the truth. You know that right?" I questioned, surprised that she would lie to me.

"I am..." She said with an unsure look in her big brown eyes. Before I could think of anything to say, I walked away. It killed me to walk away from her, but I was hurt. I didn't care about Taylor asking her out; I cared that she lied to me. Katherine started walking after me, so I walked faster. Soon, I was in a dead run. I needed to get away from her.. NOW!!

"Matt!" She yelled, "Matt!" It started to rain, but I still just kept running away.

Cliffhanger!!! Keep reading, and keep promoting my fan fiction! So who do you guys ship? Kaylor (Katherine and Taylor) or Katt (Katherine and Matt)?!