Chapter 3

Katherine's POV

I woke up the next morning, and I was embarrassed! Ugh. All I can think about is last nights' date with Matt. I am complete failure! Well... Apparently, I'm not a total failure because Matt asked me out again. I'm so excited, and this time I'm not gonna be the scared girl whose never been on a date. Today is the last day for Magcon... What if Matt leaves after Magcon? Then what? I knew I shouldn't have even talked to him, but I also knew I would regret it if I didn't. Matt is Matt, and he is so amazing! I can't be falling for some guy I just met; I barely know him. We literally knew each other for one day before we went on a date. What was I thinking? Oh! That's right, I wasn't! All of a sudden, my phone dings. Hey! What are you doing today? It was from Matt! YAY! I texted him back. Nothing just going to Magcon. "So.. How'd the date go last night?" Jenn asks and her and Elena enter my room.

"It was good.." I said.

"Just good? Uh oh.. What happend?!" Elena questioned.

"Nothing.. I'm just not a relationship type of girl I guess." I answered.

"Katherine! C'mon! I thought I taught you better than that!" Jenn screamed. She wasn't a slut or anything; she just has more experience than me. Who doesn't?

"Ha that's funny!" I say, and we all laugh. I look down at my phone and realize I got a text message. Well we should really hang out again! Wow! I'm still surprised he wants to hang out with me after last night. Just the two of us? Or all of us? I ask. Ugh. This is going down hill, fast!

"Are you and Matt still talking?" Jenn asks.

"Yeah! He wants to hang out today." I said. Jenn's eyes lit up when I said that. I was hoping it could be just you and me... If you were okay with that. Matt replied. Was that good or bad? I couldn't tell. Sounds great. When and where? I sat there waiting on an answer. Jenn and Elena were trying to get me to put girly clothes on and cake my face with makeup. I barely wore makeup normally, so what made them think I would apply more? Girly girls! What about after Magcon at 7? I'll take you to dinner!(: Wear something fancy! It sounded perfect already, but was I really falling for him... Already? Okay I'll see you at 7!(: Two days... I've known him for two days... I guess he's just different from all the others.

Matthew's POV

"Just text her... Or I will!" Carter said. He really wanted me to date more often. Dating just isn't my thing... I'm not good at it!

"Fine, fine! I'll text her right now," I replied. I was overjoyed when Katherine said she would go to dinner with me. Carter told me about this restaurant up the street. It was really fancy! I decided to take Katherine there; I was so excited. 3 rolled around, so I went to Magcon. We took pictures, and we did our usual crazy act up on stage. The hours were just ticking by. They needed to go faster! I just want to be with Katherine right now! What was this girl doing to me? This is crazy! Magcon is finally over, so I go back to the hotel and shower. I get ready for dinner with Katherine. Before I know it, It's 6:45; I gotta go pick her up. As I walk up to the door, I get really nervous! What if I say something stupid? Think positive!!! I knock on the door, and Jenn answers it.

"Hey is Katherine ready to go?" I ask her.

"Yes, but if she starts to complain about what she's wearing, just tell her she looks perfect. She hates dresses!" Haha! Katherine walks in front of Jenn... Wow! She looked great!

"Hey.. Ready to go?" She asks. I nod my head and help her down the front steps.

"You look amazing!" I say. Katherine looks at me and smiles. I smile back and open the car door. She gets in, and I get in. We arrive at the restaurant in about 10 minutes. Man am I nervous! I open the car door for her, and she climbs out.

"Wow this place looks... Expensive!" She says. Truth be told, it was expensive, but it was worth it.

"I know, and I'm paying tonight.. Okay?" I say as I look into her mesmerizing eyes.

"That's not fair. You shouldn't have to pay for me." She argues.

"Hey! I asked you out on a date and by definition the guy pays. Besides, I don't mind!" I smile at her, and we walk inside. It's an amazing restaurant. We order our food and make small talk while we wait.

"So how long are you going to stay in Cali?" Katherine asks.

"I'm not sure... Since Brent lives out here, we might stay at his house for a while. How about you?" Actually we planned to stay here until the middle of July, and it's the beginning of June. I never thought of how long I'd have with Katherine.

"Elena's mom lives out here, so all summer I think." Our food finally arrives, and I move everything out of the way. I needed to clean off the table, so the waitress could set the food down on the table of course. Ha!

"Just like your Vine!" Katherine whispers. Wow! She watches my Vines?

"Yeah." I say as I laugh. She giggles, and we eat. We finished our dinner.

"That was great!" Katherine said. As we were sitting there, I began to think about how I only had a month and a half to be with her. Why did I get myself into this mess? I mean... I don't want to start something I can't finish. We left the restaurant after I paid the bill of course!

"Thanks for dinner tonight. It was amazing." Katherine said.

"You're welcome! I really wanted to take you on a formal date." I replied. We got a cab and told the driver her address. I know a cab isn't the best transportation, but what else was I supposed to do? After about 10 minutes, we get to Elena's. I get out of the car and go open her door. Then, I walk her up to the door.

"Thanks again!" Katherine says.

"Of course... I'll text you tomorrow?" I asked more than said. She nodded her head an opened the door to the house. I began to turn around, so I could go back to cab. Before I got of the first step, Katherine whipped me around and hugged me! I was genuinely surprised and happy. She kissed my cheek then ran in the house. I walked back to the cab with a smile on my face!

Thanks for reading! Sorry I didn't update.. School these days!): Make sure to keep reading!(: