Chapter 10

Elena's POV

Although Katherine was stuck between Matt an Taylor, I was doing perfect. Mr. Hayes Grier was my man! He's absolutely perfect, and he's always a gentleman. We were actually gonna go out on a date. Well... It was like a date. I mean we're 14; therefore, we couldn't go on a formal date. any "date" with Hayes would be perfect though! "Hey! You ready?" Hayes asked as I pulled myself from my thoughts.

"Yeah, so what are we gonna do?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well, I know you love coffee, so how about the café?"

"Okay, sure! Let me just grab my phone." I ran up the stairs to get my phone when I heard Katherine talking to someone... Who could that be? As I walked towards her door, it got really quiet... Before I ran back to Hayes, I grabbed two bobby pins to pick Katherine's lock on the door. If she gets mad, I blame her because she taught me how to pick locks. When I got the door unlocked, I twisted the handle an let myself in. Taylor and Katherine were literally making out... Right after Matt broke her!! "Ummm.. Well, this is awkward!" I said as they both looked at me clearly shocked, "I'm gonna go. Bye!" I quickly shut the door, grabbed my phone, and ran down the stairs to Hayes! What the hell just happened?

Matthew's POV

After I was done eating with Sam, we said out goodbyes, and I went straight to Elena's to see Katherine. I knew she probably didn't wanna see me right, but I needed to explain myself! I was about to knock on the door when Hayes and Elena ran through the door. Great! "Hey, Matt!" Elena said.. Wait! Why was she being... Normal? Did Katherine not tell her?

"Hey! Is Katherine here?" I asked quickly; I just really wanted to see her!

"Yeah, she's here, but Taylor is upstairs with her, Matt! What happened with you and her?" I ran into the house before I answered! All I wanted to do was talk to Katherine, so I ran into her room. She was sitting next to Taylor, and Taylor had his arm propped on her shoulder.

"Hey, Katherine.." I said as she lifted her head to look at me, "I really wanna talk to you." Taylor looked over at her, and she nodded her head. He got up to leave; he purposely bumped into my shoulder as he exited the room.

"What do you want, Matt?" Katherine asked.

"To talk... I wanna tell you what happened. I didn't stand you up; I would never do that!"

"Then, what happened? Did you just decide that you-" I got her off.

"My friend from back home, Sam, came to Brent's to surprise me. She's a family friend. We decided to go get some food, and on the way there, I remembered. I know what you're thinking. How could I forget a date especially when it's with you? To be honest, I'm not sure how I forgot, but I did! I'm here to ask you to forgive me and give me, us, another shot." We sat there in silence for what seemed like hours. Then, she spoke up.

"Well... I guess everyone makes mistakes." She said with a slight smile, "So, yes I think I wanna give you, us, another shot!"

Taylor's POV

I stood outside the door while Matt and Katherine talked. I can't believe she just forgave him like that! I finally had a chance with her, but that ended once she just forgave him. When I heard her say that, I bolted down the stairs and out the door! The next thing I knew, it was dark out, I was walking in some random alley. That's when I decided to go back to Brent's house. All of a sudden, I'm on the ground, and my head is pounding! I hear a bunch of yelling. Then, it all went black...

I woke up in a hospital room, and there was a girl sitting in the chair next to me. Her head was in her hands, and she was crying. I closed my eyes again because the light was painful to look at. The girl began to talk... "I'm so sorry, Taylor!" She said in a small voice. I knew exactly who it was... I'd know that voice anywhere.

Hey guys!!! Sorry I didn't update Wednesday! Here's the update; I hope you like it!!! Shout out to @country_girl8 she writes a great fan fiction about Hayes and Nash, and she also is the girl I based Elena on! Go check her out!