Chapter 9

Katherine's POV

It was 10 when I started walking to Brent's to hang with Matt. I was excited and so nervous! The thought of Matthew Lee Espinosa always did this to me; I'd get butterflies and get extremely nervous. To be honest, I've never really had a guy wanna hang out with me... Alone... In a house, so you see my struggle here? It didn't take me a long time to get to Brent's, but it felt like hours because I was so anxious to see Matt. I knocked on the door, and no one answered, so I knocked again. Still nothing... I pulled out my phone and called Matt; no answer. What was going on? After I left Brent's front porch, I got a cab and drove back to Elena's. Well, if he wanted to cancel he just should've said so! I was so angry, yet so hurt at the same time. Did I just get stood up? This was the worst feeling ever!! When I got to Elena's, I unlocked the door and ran up to my room. Unlike most teenage girls, I didn't cry; I just got really pissed. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Elena asked as she walked into my room.

"Matt... He stood me up; I was an idiot and went to Brent's to have a movie day with him. He never even answered the door!" I said before thinking. It sounded more girly than I intended it to... Oops!

"Maybe he left to go do something... I don't think Matt's the kinda guy to just leave you hanging. I mean after everything with Taylor... He just doesn't come across as that kinda guy." Elena explained in a very odd way that strangely made sense, "Did you at least call or text him?"

"Yupp... No reply! That's what I get for letting my guard down... Again!" I was talking about Taylor! He hurt me so bad, and that's when I decided to never let any guy hurt me like that again. I made a huge mistake! "I'd like to be alone for a while... Okay?"

"Okay..." Elena said with a small smile. After she left, I blared my music and just relaxed. My music was interrupted by a text form Taylor. Hey how's the date?;)

There is no date... I pressed send and let a tear fall.

Taylor's POV

As soon as I got the text from Katherine, my mouth fell open. Matt was literally bouncing off the walls because Katherine chose him over me. Now, he stands her up? How does that make any sense? I felt absolutely terrible even though I wasn't the one who hurt her. "Hey guys! I gotta go; I'll see you back at Brent's in a while." I told Nash, Carter, Jack, Jack, and Brent. They all nodded, and I left. I hailed a cab and told the guy the address. Soon, I was at Katherine's door; I knocked and Jenn answered. "Hey! Is Katherine here?" I asked vaguely.

"Yupp. She's upstairs in her room; you can head on up." She said. I ran up the stairs and knocked on her door.

"Go away! I want to be alone." She yelled through the locked door.

"I'm not going anywhere! It's Taylor!" She opened the door wide enough for me to come in. Then, she closed it and locked it again.

"Why are you here?" She asked as she sniffled. Her eyes were red and puffy; you could tell she'd been crying.

"The better question is why I wouldn't be here. Matt hurt you, so here I am! I'm here to be your shoulder to cry on."

"Thanks, Taylor!" She ran into my arms and began to cry once again. we stood there for what seemed like hours just holding each other.

"Everything's gonna be alright. If any guy is dumb enough to hurt you, they don't deserve an amazing girl like you." I said encouragingly. She giggled, "What?"

"I guess you don't deserve me then." Katherine said looking up at me with a smile. Her smile was absolutely beautiful, and I'm glad that I was the one to put that smile on her face! Our faces were just inches apart; I started to lean in. I tilted her chin upward, and soon our lips were connected.

Matthew's POV

"I thought I would surprise you!" Sam said as she walking in the house. Sam was an old family friend. out parents knew each other, so we always hung out together as kids. We never dated or anything, but we were really close. she moved in the 8th grade, and this is the first time I've seen her in person since.

"I'm officially surprised!" I said laughing. It wasn't terrible to see her; it was terrible because I know Katherine would think it was more than it really was. After we talked for a few minutes, we decided to go out to eat. We left the house, and I had a feeling I was forgetting something. On the way to the restaurant, I thought about my first formal date with Katherine. Then, I remembered.. Katherine!!! Ermagurd!! (sorry couldn't resist(: !!) I went to text her when I realized that I left my phone at Brent's. Well, this is perfect! I just screwed up... BIG TIME!!!

Sorry I updated so late! I decided that I'm going to update Wednesdays and Saturdays! Those are my official upload days!(: Shout out to @sammiryan98!! She is my featured character, Sam! Thanks for reading!