Chapter five-The First Lesson

The next morning I woke up I was so happy that we had our first class today . As I walked out my room I saw Zen and looking back at last night I was still shocked. He saw me and said " good morning " with a smile I replied and said " good morning". There was silence in the room we didn't speak at all ,I started feeling awkward when I went in the bathroom and I got dressed and came out back he said " here your cup of tea for you to start the day".

I took it and said " thank you" with a smile I barely did . While I drank the tea he asked " does it tastes nice?" I nodded after I drank it I went in my room Zen held back my hand and said " I am sorry about last night but can we please break the ice wall between us ,it is getting awkward". I nodded once again gazing into his eyes.

We headed straight to class then our teacher Ms.Pendergeast said " good morning I am going to test your strength today " as she said that all the chairs and desks in the classroom disappeared and the room was suddenly dark she then said " I am a vampire but I study strong witchcraft" then a live moon came up she announced" this is for the werewolf's and effect of the real moon" after a few seconds the light came on back and we were teleported outside I then saw werewolves started changing in there original form .

It was amazing also I saw the vampires with there fangs even Zen when they smelled artificial blood . Ms.Pendergeast took notes of everyone even the witches . I felt so left out because I was the only one who was there with no supernatural abilities. Ms.Pendergeast looked at me and said " here is a test for you Rose " she gave me a cup with a red substance she said " drink it " I nodded and drank all of it then she said " it is blood" I froze for a bit .

Then I felt my gum started hurting me it was like a needle I thought I had cavity then I fell to the ground I realized that I had fangs after a while it stopped hurting me . Ms.Pendergeast held up my head and looked at them observingly and said " you could be a vampire or a werewolf because your fangs are brand new so we don't know the difference ,then she said there is a high chance that you will become a vampire " I looked at her in a rather pleasing way then she said " I will test you if you are a werewolf " then the moon appeared and it was dark then she suggested" look at the moon closely and look deep within yourself to find which species you are " I followed her instructions then I fell to the ground in pain.

Crying out loud it felt like my back was tearing in pieces like I was transforming into something . I screamed as my spine was hurting " help! Please " Ms.Pendergeast said " no! You have to keep going" . I yelled and said "stop!" I saw the moon disappeared and my back stopped hurting me Zen rushed over to me and said " are you ok?" I nodded still fighting off the pain . Ms.Pendergeast said "you are a one of a kind species you broke my magic concentration and you have both werewolf and vampire abilities" then she said" I have to get to the bottom of this "teleporting us back to the class room she said "class dismissed".

As I walked out the classroom door Zen followed behind me and asked" what was that?" I replied " I don't have a clue" . Then I said I am hungry he smiled and said " follow me I will show you to the cafeteria " as we walked through the door s of the cafeteria I looked around and in amusement I said " this is beautiful " it looked like it was made specially for royalty.

I spotted Helia,Iris and Irma on the third floor as we took the escalator and went up then take to elevator it looked like a city . We said hello to our friends then Irma popped the question" did you figure out what species are you yet?" I shook my head then replied " no I didn't but they are trying to find out". As I sat down Zen said " place your hand on the table and call out your species " I did what I was instructed and I said human then a menu appeared on the table in front of me and I opened it I saw many different meals and even a daily special Wednesday is the Chinese sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and dumplings.

I saw a strawberry tart then Zen said " if you want to confirm it touch the meal and what ever drink you want with it then press confirm and it will appear on the table " as I did it I saw my delicious strawberry tart with a fruit punch smoothie . We made some joke while we ate and we went back downstairs and to the dorms because it was already late evening.

As we said goodbye to Irma,Iris and Helia I closed the door zen was on the couch already reading a book and I went in my room and I fell asleep . A few hours later when I woke up back and I opened the door I saw Zen sleeping on the couch I covered him up with a blanket and I saw the window opened I climbed on the couch trying not to wake up Zen and also trying my best to close the window.

I fell and saw Zen breaking my fall he rolled off the couch I was beside Zen admiring his beautiful face my heart said to like him but my mind kept telling me no because he is a vampire I brushed his black hair from his eyes and forehead then I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead . I looked at him again and wondered why he was so beautiful is it because he was a vampire and a prince .

As I was deep in thought I felt Zen's hands over my waist pulling me closer but he was still a sleep . Then after a few minutes I saw Zen opened his eyes he looked at me rather surprised and said " what are you doing in my bed" then he saw his hands and said " I am so sorry Rose I was sleeping and he mumbled this is so embarrassing" I got up then he held me back down and said " please stay for alittle more " I nodded " ok".

Gazing into his red eyes then he got up and held me up then he asked " are you ok?,Your face is red and you are burning up" I was so embarrassed that I was blushing I turned around and said " no I am ok".

As I was about to go into the bathroom he held me against the wall held my two hands handcuffed by his against the wall then he said gazing into my eyes " your eyes are so brown , I wanted to ask you something but I think this isn't the right time " then I said " no ,go ahead you can ask me anything " then he said " are you sure you want to do this " I said foolishly" yes you can do anything " then he kissed me lightly on the lip and he went down to my neck and I felt his fangs going deep down in my body sucking my blood.

I didn't stop him for some reason I couldn't I stood there then he stopped and said " your blood is amazing it is a special kind a very rare one " I nodded and smiled . Then he let me go and I went in my room I went on my bed and all I could think about was his kiss and his mouth on my neck that it didn't really feel painful. And before I knew it I fell asleep.