15 - The End?

The three arrivals were as still, as Ron was frozen. Shocked, petrified, scared, they all knew what they needed to do but not how they could possibly do it. The three bodies serving as the only decoration in the room kept them glued to the spot.

"Is he, you know," Harry sputtered out, eyes trained on the lifeless body of one he would one have called his family, a brother. "Dead?" he finished in a whisper.

Before either girl had chance to reply the three of them were moved to action by the sound of footsteps behind them. A disgruntled Lucius stumbled down the stairs and along the corridor behind them, before promptly collapsing and bursting into a cloud of dust.

"Well at least that answers any questions of how Lucius and the weasel ended up in a partnership," Pansy stated deadpanned, staring at the spot where moments before the man, who acted as a second father to her from a young age, had stood.

"But not the questions of what the hell Lucius was, Merlin's beard, he can hardly have been human still?" Ginny added.

"I recognize it from work," Harry stammered out, "we wrote an article about it about a year ago but ultimately it went no where."

"What was he then?!" Ginny practically screamed in her husband's face.

"Well, umm, we were experimenting, with well a umm, sort of reanimation, that would let a pile of dust be turned in to, I guess a risk free man on the inside for investigations. But we couldn't get them so stay in one piece for long." Harry vaguely described, his work had been nearly too advanced for him to continue, let alone explain.

"I know what you two are doing, procrastinating from removing the bodies, I don't want to do it either but we need to get on with it," Pansy cuts in; sounding easily more than twice as aggressive as she meant to. She could feel the tears pulling at her eyes, as she attempted to remain composed staring at the motionless corpse of her childhood best friend.

"Yes, yes, yes okay," Ginny jumped into her mum-mode, "Harry you take Draco, Pansy - Ron and I'll have Hermione. Levitate the bodies out to the front and then we can send for back up."

When you open your eyes, for what feels like the first time in forever, you expect to be greeted by familiar sights and feelings. The outline of your sleeping partner; the view from a window you have memorised; the piece of wallpaper you never quite got round to sticking back up properly; all these things, however, were missing. When Draco opened his eyes the only thing waiting to greet him was a blinding white light somewhere above his head, just out of reach. It wasn't a calming light, in fact there was a distinct lack of anything calming in his immediate vicinity. The light was the only thing he could focus on, anything else either didn't exist or faded so far towards the edges of his vision they were mere blurs as the enigmatic light absorbed every inch of his consciousness.

"Draco....why are you levitating towards the ceiling?" a familiar voice could be heard just creeping into his awareness, so softly he could easily ignore it.

"For Merlin's sake Draco, you're not going to heaven," with that and an audible thump, Draco was back on his uncomfortable hospital bed. "Honestly Draco, such a drama queen."

"Well, I'm sorry Pans, but the last thing I remember is a huge green light and then blackness," and that was that, not a minute after assuming he was on his way to heaven he was back to the normal atmosphere between himself and his oldest friend.

"Ohhh, don't worry. That was just Hermione ending the weasel," the words slipped out of Pansy mouth so nonchalantly they caused Draco to do a double, if not triple, take.

"Wait...what? The fuck?" Draco eloquently put.

"Ugh wish you hadn't adopted those muggle words."

"Oh yeah, because that just is the stand out statement from the past two minutes."

"Yes, yes it is."

"Pansy! Just going to gloss over the fact the weasel is dead? At the hands of my 'Mione?!"

"Well, what more is there to say?"

"How?! He had our wands, and  i never heard her say anything? But i definitely saw the curse."

"Wordlessly and wandlessly, she said it just kind of flowed from her body. No one really understands how it happened."

"She said, so she's okay?"

"She is a bit shaken but altogether alright."

"So, I can see her?"

"I'm not sure if they'll le-"

Before Pansy could even get the rest of her sentence out Draco was off the bed and out the door. Pansy rolled her eyes before standing up to follow the love sick puppy out of the room.

<lost all enthusiasm for this story coz it's been so long since i wrote anything so next chapter might be the last>