Ch. 14 - Help

"AVADA KEDAVRA!!"  

The vicious green light poured from her hands into her captors chest. It pulsed with immense power and emotion as his hand weakened and arm dropped to his side. Knees buckled and he fell to the floor; life drained from his face; life that Hermione had taken.

The clatter of two bodies hitting the ground reverberated throughout the cell as Hermione fell weakly, her moment of strength gone. With a final moment of consciousness she breathed a wisp of a patronus into the world as her one attempt to call for help.

 ~~~~~

"Don't you think we should be there, helping Hermione?" Harry asked for possibly the millionth time since Pansy and her had left. Ginny was unsure of he'd sat down once, or even stopped pacing around the island in the middle of their kitchen.

"You are helping. By being here and not burning the manor to the ground to see a smile put back on your best friends face. Instead we are staying out of the way and using a little something called tactics," Ginny rolled her eyes, of course she was worried but she was trying as hard as she could to stay logical. "Just sit down drink your tea and calm down."

"But, but what if she needs us?!"

"She's smart enough to get a message to us, Pansy is there with her anyway," Ginny reassured both her inwardly anxious self and her outwardly worried and unsettled husband.

Just as the red head finished speaking there was a crack and Pansy appeared in their kitchen in front of them. Her face drawn into a frown and wand in hand as if she'd just been in conflict. Before the smoke disappeared from her apparation a flash of light followed her colliding with her left side. She stumbled slightly without losing her footing.

"Has Lucious always been that much of a dick?" she mused aloud; as if she was unaware she'd landed herself in company.

"Pansy?!" Harry exclaimed as a question, "you're supposed to be with Hermione! What happens if she gets into trouble now?"

"Well you see-Ron took her into a room downstairs and the only things i know that are downstairs are the cells but if he wanted her back why would he lock her up but maybe that's where draco is but why would he want hermione near draco if he knows they're together but i couldn't follow her or it would've blown my cover which lucious blew anyway when i used her name not mudblood but he's sealed in his room now thanks to me that's why i left," Pansy exhaled her explanation all in one go not stopping to breathe.

"Okay first; breathe. Second; you let Ron Weasley pUT HERMIONE GRANGER IN A CELL AND DIDN'T CURSE HIS ASS THROUGH EVERY RING OF HELL!?" Harry screamed.

"Harry! You know the plan was for Hermione and Pansy to stay in character no matter what, until they knew for sure where Draco was!"

"Fine."

~~~~~  

The three of the sat around in the lounge discussing everything Pansy knew from her rather brief time back in the manor. Still being unsure where Draco was made it dangerous to burst in there blind. That was until a white-blue wisp passed under their door before taking the form of an otter.

"That's Hermione's patronus, right?" Pansy asked slightly wary.

"Yes it is."

"help....help..." breathed out the silvery animal, barely flickering at their feet - not showing Hermione's magical talent or pure power. They glowing being faded away, as did their hopes of finding Hermione both alive and well.

"Guess we're going to need to go in blind after all, because I can't be the only one who thinks that, that isn't a good sign." Harry said.

"Yes fine, but don't be looking so smug. You're best friend could be in serious trouble right now - this is not an 'I told you so' moment!"

"Yeah yeah, I know," Harry replied, "it's never an 'i told you so' moment," Harry muttered unheard.

While Harry was sulking the other two had gotten ready to apparate to the manor. Harry realised and joined hands with them as the disappeared in a stomach twisting motion. They arrived ready to face the world before blasting down the gate and the door.

"This way, hurry," Pansy motioned to them to follow her through room after room until they came to a stone staircase heading down, bellow the ground.

They came to a hallway lined with doors to cells, all of which empty with shut doors but clear windows, except the two cells on the opposite end of the hallway looked different. Their windows had been blacked out and the doors were open.

"Why would their doors be left open though? It doesn't make any sense."

The three of them looked into the first cell, that had once held the smartest witch of their generation, only to find it completely empty. No-one was there.

"He wouldn't keep them both in the same place, would he? Azkaban couldn't have taken that many brain cells from him." Ginny asked no one in particular, not that the other two were any closer to understanding the empty room in front of them.

Remembering the other open door they turned to look inside. They certainly weren't ready for what they had laid their eyes on.

The platinum blonde prince was huddle in the far corner chained to the wall. His eyes were shut, far from peacefully, and every so often he twitched as if dreaming of a great amount of pain. At least he was obviously still alive.

Two members of the original golden trio littered the floor. Hermione's eyes were shut as she lay there looking as though she was reaching out for help, and they supposed that's exactly what she'd done in her last minute of consciousness. There was however no sign of her wand.

Ron lay at an awkward angle that he obviously hadn't chosen himself. His eyes stayed open, blankly staring off somewhere: but he wasn't seeing.

Hermione made the smallest groan  as if trying to snap out of a shell shocked state and into action.