Ch. 11 - Planning to Perfection

After a painfully long time explaining to Pansy that even though they had an insight into where the trap were and laces they'd need to be cautious of or just avoid all together planning was still important. They couldn't be sure that they had knowledge of every trap placed and if they wanted any chance of achieving anything they couldn't go in carrying a huge map. 

They planned in as much detail as they could with the information at hand, Pansy's knowledge of the manor from time spent there in the past helped them greatly.

"No Harry you can't come with us!" Hermione repeated for possibly the hundredth time already.

"But I want to help you!"

"I understand that but if we all barge in then they'll be even more suspicious than just me turning up on the doorstep."

"What if i used th invisibility cloak?!" Harry  replied frantic to help in any way he could.

"Merlin, you are unobservant! You haven't had that cloak since James' first year at Hogwarts!" Ginny informed her husband laughing.

"Even if that's true James finished last year, would he not have given it back?!"

"Albus won it in his fourth year I think."

"There's got to be some way for me to help you Hermione!"

"Yes of course there is," Hermione replied honestly.

"Really! What is it? Tell me and I'll do it!" Harry rejoiced possibly a little too early.

"You promise?"

"Yes, yes, yes!" Harry screamed almost jumping up and down.

"Stay here and let me and Pansy go and get my husband!" 

"But, but you said I could help!" Harry's face dropped, he knew arguing with Hermione rarely got you anywhere other than seeing the flaws in your own side and ultimately losing; no matter how solid you think your argument is to begin with.

"Yes and I told you how, which you've agreed to."

"For Merlins sake I just want to keep you safe!"

"And the best way for you to do that is stay here. Do you really think the plan will work if the guy who as far as Ron can see betrayed his so called best friend and to Lucius the guy who played a part in getting him shut away turns up on their doorstep as if there is nothing wrong?! As if nothing ever happened?!" Hermione reasoned, becoming more irritated at his nature to protect his friends to the furthest degree that unfortunately for him tended to come off as ignorance when he let it blind his better judgement.

"But I had no choice, on either count!" As much as he would hate to ever admit it he was starting to see a problem.

"We all know, understand and respect that, but do you seriously believe they do or will?"

"No, I guess not."

"So you'll stay here-"

"Yes!"

"And we'll go and rescue my husband."

"Yeah, fine."

With Harry on side, fully, and Pansy having been convinced planning was important past knowing they'll turn up and hope for the best meant her  knowledge could be used to the full extent.

Once the plan had been formulated and the bags had been packed, Pansy and Hermione apparated to the manor.

(sorry for the long wait between updates and short parts: school, exams, work. I'll try update more but no promises unfortunately.)