Ch. 01 - Azkaban

(A/N This is a sequel to my other dramione 'What Happened??' It starts in 2022 before Ron is released in January 2023. I have read through the other one and realized i tend to make one hell of a lot of spelling errors so point them out if you see them as otherwise this story will be pretty much unedited. Unlike the other one this story is actually somewhat planned and I know how i want to end so hopefully that will help me write it much better than the last-thanks for reading, hope you enjoy)

Ch. 01 - Azkaban

Ron paced back and forth in the cramped, dingy cell. The four bare walls feeling substantially closer than they had fourteen and a half years ago. Only six months left. Six months left until he was finally free again. Six months to come up with the perfect plan. But six months was still a long time.

Despite being away from any socialization for more than a decade Ron had made it part of his every day routine to learn everything about them. He knew where and when they were married. He knew Blair was three months early, Kaitlyn had the famous Malfoy smirk. He knew Rose was at the top of her year, challenged only ever by her disgusting step-brother. He knew every detail he'd need and more. He even knew the details of the party the insufferable ferret had thrown for his tenth wedding anniversary with HIS beauty. His and only his, she will never, NEVER be a Malfoy.

He knew he needed a plan. He'd kept her so long she'd think that was normal by now. Using the Imperius curse that long would be illogical, but it must have started that way. There's no other way to explain why she would leave his warm embrace and loving home to pursue a fling with a death-eater than the Imperius curse. His perfect match was strong but an Imperius form a follower of the dark arts is near impossible to resist, even the chosen one would struggle there.

Still the effects of such a powerful, dark curse would have become apparent at some point in the past fifteen years. After a while she must have been tricked into accepting him. Made to believe he was right for her. Taught to think his family was her's.

He pulled out the pictures he had under his pillow. Despite being cut off from the rest of society The Daily Prophet would still turn up without fail. It had become a habit to scan through the paper quickly looking for her face, he kept everything he found. He scanned his collection looking carefully at her face, he needed to work out at what point had the curse stopped being the reason she stayed. When had she been made to think that it was right.

Ron would never admit it but as time went on she looked better, healthier. She had developed a constant tan from the Malfoy's numerous holiday destinations dotted around the world. They never spent more than a few months in Britain in one go. As soon as all the children were off for Christmas or summer they'd be off to the other side of the world for a few weeks to a month.

His bony fingers traced her face as his sunken eyes scanning, hoping that this would be the day he'd have his break through. That today he would find what he was looking for. Proof, any proof he didn't care how small or reliable. He'd accept it even if it was written by Skeeter but he just needed something. Something that meant he would be doing the right thing, getting his beauty away from the white haired beast.