CHAPTER 10- He said i love you

MASON'S POV

I follow Melissa out the door. she gets in her car and drives off. I ran inside and got my own car keys and started following her.  I saw her car about 10 metres ahead of mine. I drive past cars as fast as i can. before i can get near her car i see another car slam against her car. Her car flips over. I stop my car and get out as soon as i can. I get on my knees and try to take her out of the car. I struggled with her seat belt for a second but got her out. She was unconscious and her head had a big gash and blood was oozing out of it. Her left wrist was twisted in a weird way and she had many scratches on her face and body. Her leg looked broken.

"Mel. Baby please stay with me okay? You're gonna be okay. I'm going to take you to the pack hospital okay?" I know that she didn't hear me but i tried anyways. I carried her bridal style and put her in the backseat of the car. I should've listened to what she was saying. I should have listened to her opinion. This wouldn't have happened if i just talked to her calmly.  She might die because of my fucking stupid decision. I shouldn't have hurt her. Everything was going so great and i had to ruin it.  Its my fault that she's in this position. All my fault. Guilt hits me like a ton on bricks. "Baby? Mel you can go to college if you want okay? You can do whatever you want alright? Just don't die on me" Xavier whimpers at the thought of our mate dying. I can't let her die. I drive as fast as i can and call our pack doctor. 

"Hello Alpha Mason. Is there anything wrong?" Dr. brown asks. "My mate she had an accident. I want a stretcher and paramedics okay? get everything ready." I sounded vulnerable. But, i didn't care about it at the moment. I just want Melissa to be okay. I can't lose her or i will be insane. She's my life. I look back at her and see and she was turning really pale. "Hold on baby." I say and drive as fast as i can.

I reach the hospital and see paramedics standing near the door they put my Melissa in a stretcher and  take her towards the ICU. I see Dr. Brown. i stop him "please doctor save her. She's the only person i can call family. Please save my mate." "We'll do whatever we can alpha. But i can't promise you that she will live Alpha. Her wounds are really bad. She lost a lot of blood. I think she banged her head somewhere." Dr.Brown say and goes inside the ICU. I wait in the waiting room. His words keep on running through my head. 'i can't promise you that she'll live. her wounds are really bad. she lost a lot of blood'. I run my hands through my hair and slide down the wall and sit on the floor. I can't lose her. This is all my fault. I promise to make her as happy as i could when she wakes. I will give he everything she wants. She can't go to college if she want. Please don't leave me Mel. I need you.

MELISSA'S POV

I tried opening my eyes. It felt like something was stopping me from opening them. After a few more tries i'm finally able to open them, but shut them because of the light. I open them again slowly. My eyes adjusting to the light. I take in my surroundings. I'm in a white room with machines attached to my body. there's a TV switched on to my left and a sofa to my right where Mason was sleeping with tear stains on his cheeks. There's a big cast on my left leg and left wrist. My head hurts. I feel a bandage wrapped around it. I remember everything that happen. My fight with mason. Me going out to Cayden and Cristy's house. Receiving a message from the unknown number and a car slamming my car from the right.

"Mel please don't leave. I can't lose another person who's important to. Please don't leave..." I here Mason saying in his sleep. I try to call him, but my throat feels dry.  I feel weak. I try once more. "Mason" was all i could say. Mason jolts up in hearing this. "Melissa? oh thank god you woke up. oh my god Melissa i'm so sorry for everything. I thought that you were going to die." He holds me and starts crying. My chest hurts, not just because of Mason hugging but also because of Mason crying. But i let Mason hug me until he calmed down a little. He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "Can i get some water?" My voice sounds like i haven't talked for weeks. "I'll call the doctor too." he says and runs out the room. 

After a few minutes, Mason comes in with a bottle of water and a packet of chips in his hands. He hands me the bottle, but i can't keep a hold on it, so he helps me drink it. I feel so pathetic now. I can't even hold a bottle of water properly. "I'm so sorry Mel. this happened because of me. i'm so sorry." Mason had tears in his again. "It's okay. I was the one that caused this. i shouldn't have picked the phone off the floor while driving the car." i say smiling a little. "but it wouldn't have happened if i would've just listened to what you were saying." he say with guilt in his eyes. "Well you are right. Its your fault. but i be you were the one who saved me so it doesn't even matter. I forgive you" he hugs me.

Moments later the doctor comes in a with a clipboard and pen in his hands. "Hello Melissa how are you feeling?" he asks and does some test like checking my pulse and everything. "Good. How long have i been here?" i ask 'cause it feels like i have been in this bed for years. "2 weeks." he says checking his clipboard. "2 freaking weeks? I have been out for that long?" I ask surprised. I can't believe i was unconscious for that long. "Yeah. you were in a mini coma. Does your chest hurt?" "No it doesn't. I just feel like i got hit by truck " I reply sarcastically. He laughs a little. "Well you broke 2 ribs, you left leg as you can see, your left wrist and hurt your head pretty badly which caused you to go to a coma." he says handing me some painkillers. He looks at Mason once and nods towards me before walking out.

After an awkward silence for about 16 minutes. I decided to break it. "Mason?" He look up at me. He was sitting on a chair next to my bed. "Yeah?" he asks. "Is my baby car alright?" i ask. He starts to chuckle and i join him too. well atleast try to because my chest hurts like hell whenever i move. "Yeah it will be fine. we just have to fix it a little." I smile at this. I wish my family and friends were here. "Where's family and Cayden and Cristy?" i ask him with a slight frown on my face. "Don't worry they visit everyday. Your parents are at the pack house taking a little bit of rest and as for Cayden and Crisy they went out to get some food." I just nod in response.  

We watch TV for a while. Cisty and  Cayden come in with some pizza boxes in their hands. I smile at them. They looks at me at run over to me. Both of them gave me a hug. "Oh my god Mel. We thought that you would never wake up. We were so scared." Cristy says hugging me tightly. Next in line is Cayden. "Don't ever do something like that to us again understand." i nod. "Well guys i'm okay now so can you pass the pizza box over?" they laugh handing me box. "Never gonna change." i hear Cayden mutter. I look at Mason to find him staring at me. I look at his eyes and see...love? I find him smiling a little.

After a few hours of us talking eating and watching TV, Cayden and Cristy went home. I'm now all alone with Mason, watching Adventure Time. "Do you want anything babe?" he asks looking at me. I just shake my head. "Tell me if you need anything okay?" he says rubbing my hands. "I think i'm going to take a nap. Feeling a little tired" i say making myself comfy in the hard hospital bed. Mason pulls the cover over me and tucks me in like a little kid. I can't move to much because of the broken ribs. 

Mason kisses my forehead. I feel sleepier than ever. "Don't leave me ever. I can't live without you. I love you Mel. I love you." Did he just say 'i love you Mel'? I couldn't respond 'cause sleepy. I fell sleep with what Mason said in my head.