CHAPTER 3- What will I do???

MASON'S POV

I was waiting in my office for the pack Beta to come. He said that the border guards smelled some rogues roaming around my territory. I was going through some files when the door to the office opened and the beta walked followed by his family. I heard that today was his daughter's birthday. 

I nodded as the reply to his bow. Then the smell of freshly cut grass mixed with strawberries hit me like a punch to the gut. It turned me the hell on. The front of my pant tented with a raging boner.

I could immediately feel my wolf trying to come out and my knew that my eyes were turning black. I have waited so long for this moment. My mate is here. My beautiful mate has finally come. Her eyes were so pretty, her lips so pink and kissable, and don't eve get me started on her body. She was so tiny compared to me. I wanted to protect her from the world. I just wanted to hold her and give her all the love she would ever need.

Our eyes met and the next thing I know, she runs out of the room. What? I have seen werewolves run away from their mates, but never expected this to happen to me.

Anger and panic came. I can't let her go. I won't let her go. I have waited to long for my Luna. i started running after her. she was very fast for a she wolf, but not faster than me.

MELISSA'S POV

I ran out of the room and down the hallway. Holy shit. I literally ran out on my mate. The Alpha! I run out the main door. 

I have the beta's blood me. I run as fast. My wolf whimpers in my mind. 

I looked around the parking lot looking for our car. I run towards the car and jump in . I look around for the keys. Where the hell are they?

"This day just gets better and better," I say to myself. I see Alpha Mason running towards me, making my eyes round with panic. Oh boy. He looks angry as hell.  I lock all the car door before he could reach and sit on the floor.

I heard stomping of foot. "Come out mate! You're mine and you can't run away from the Alpha like that." He pounds on the car roof but I close my eyes and stay silent. 

After a few minutes of no sound or whatsoever coming from outside, I open my eyes and decide to peek through  the window to see if he was gone. Mason is sitting the floor of the parking lot, looking directly at me. Then he smirked. He freaking smirked at me like he was confident that I would be his in a few seconds.

Shit. His smirk made my knees go weak. He was so hot. He was wearing khaki pants with white shirt and white vans.

"There you are," he said and started walking towards my direction. I backed away from the window. I see my family coming out of the pack house. 

'Come out honey. I know you don't want this. But don't want to make the alpha angry, you won't be able to control him if his wolf surfaces. He will become to dangerous to control,' my mom said through the mind link. 'But i don't want a mate,' I replied.

Mason banged on the window. "Open the door mate. You are mine. Why are you doing this?Mates are supposed to be together. They are made for each other". Not being able to speak, I just shook my head 'no' .

Next thing I know, the window shatters and Mason opens the door and pulls me out. His eyes were pitch black and I knew that he was on the verge of turning. So I tried to calm him down. That's what Cristy does every time Cayden gets angry and my mom to dad. I hugged Mason tightly while stroking his hair.

Despite the fact that I was on the verge of a panic attack all I could concentrate on was the feeling his 8 packs against my ribs. Oh, how I wanna lick chocolate syrup off of...I shake my head to get rid of the dirty thoughts.

Mason calmed down a little and looked me in the eyes. His eyes were a breathtaking shade of green with brown specks on it. I could look into his eyes forever. It was like falling over a cliff into a vast deep sea. 

'He's so hot isn't he Mel?my wolf, Sierra said.

'There's nothing about him that I like. I will never accept him so you better get these thoughts out of your pretty little head.' 

'But he's our mate....we can't live without him.'

'Oh no no no. He's your mate maybe, but not mine. All I want is freedom and you know how territorial mates get. And he is an alpha at that he won't even let us out of the house to see the sun.'

'Come on Mel. The moon goddes....'

I shut her out before she gives me the lecture that everyone gives about how moon goddess makes mates thinking of our needs and how she is always right. 

That's it. I have decided that I will reject Mason today. Okay maybe tomorrow. I look away from his eyes. But my wolf just wants to be with him. These conflicting thoughts are making me go crazy. It's hard to have two different minds in one head.

"Mason can i talk to you alone for a second?" I said with with the sweetest voice I could muster at the moment. He looks at me lovingly. "Anything for my mate," he says and walks us to his office with me still hanging on to him. He closes the door to his office and sits down on a love seat with me on his lap.

I keep my eyes down at my lap and whisper "I..I don't want a mate". I was afraid for my life for the first time in my life. Well, first cause he's an alpha and second, cause his the strongest alpha. And I don't know what his reaction could be. He might get angry and kill me for all I know. He is one of the strongest for a reason.

"Oh baby but you do" he says while sniffing me and nuzzling in my neck. 

"But its my choice and I don't want a mate," I say through gritted teeth. I was getting annoyed now. "Not in this relationship. I decide what you want. What we want," he says casually. I forcefully get off of his lap.

"This relationship?" I start in an exasparated. "I Melissa May Halls, reject you Maso...." he cut me off before complete my sentence by shutting my mouth with his hands.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Kitten, I said you don't have a choice. You are mine and that's it." 

I frown at this. He takes in the question in my eyes. "Because if you reject me you'll be locked in my room forever even if you don't like it and I will mark you as mine or you can stay with me willingly and I won't mark you until you want me to." I gulp at this."And baby if you run away i will get you and the consequences won't be good." His whisper sends shivers down my body and the deadly look on his face makes me tremble.

Then he kisses me. His palm holds my head to his mouth leaving no chance of me escaping. I don't want this but dear god, his lips were so soft. It felt like snakes were slithering around my stomach or maybe I was hungry. Whatever the reason was, it surely turned me on. Without knowing I started kissing back. 

I think about what he said before. I still don't want a mate, but i don't want to run away and end up being marked.

Aghhhh! What will I do???