rude

14 chapters left

I wonder if anyone has noticed I've been naming chapters in alphabetical order, but once I reach the end of the alphabet I'll do whatever I want.

day eighteen; write a scene in a mansion.

...

Belle had been waiting for this day most ever since she first met Derek.

She was finally meeting his parents.

The brunette male warned his lovely girlfriend his parents were very strict, to which he was frightened to introduce a girl to his parents, especially the female in his life that he couldn't bare to lose.

Belle nervously intertwined her shaking hand with Derek's as he knocked on the front door.

"Hello, Derek." A lady with the same brown hair and nose as Derek opened the door. "Whom is this? Your wife?" She questioned as she stared at Belle. "Hopefully not," Belle assumed the woman was Derek's mother, whispered under her breath.

"No, mother. This is my girlfriend, Belle. May we please come in?"

"It depends, are you going to cause more trouble for your father and I?"

"Liz! Just let our son inside for once, it's been quite awhile!" a deep and unfamiliar voice yelled to which Liz opened the door wider for Derek and Belle to step forward.

This was going to be a long dinner, Belle thought.

~

During the late evening, Belle had received a lot of information about Derek's past through his father, Arnold's stories.

Derek was an only child, he learned to play guitar when he was 8, and he always enjoyed a classic book. His father's briefly discussed anything part of Derek's life involving music, and to which Belle seemed confused by the strange behavior.

Unfortunately, Liz Lochner was the complete opposite. The whole night she made rude remarks, and mumbled insults to the young couple under her breath just as she had at the front door.

The room finally had calmed to a bitter silence, making Belle extremely nervous. She turned to her right, noticing her loving boyfriend eat with his right hand, and run small, soothing, and gently circles just above her knee.

Dinner with the Lochner's was definitely something else. Awkward would be a perfect summarization phrase of Belle's emotions.

"This place hasn't changed at all," Derek attempted to make small talk as the four gathered around the dinner table.

"Unlike you, we like to plan full of specifics and don't change much."

"Liz!" Arnold shouted.

"What! Our son drops out of Harvard suddenly to become an 'artist of music', I don't think so! He has changed, maybe she..." Liz pointed directly at Belle. "... caused all of our family issues!"

"Belle, we are leaving." Derek commanded as his mother offended the only person that gave his life meaning.

"Actually, we are not leaving."

"What?" Derek questioned confusingly.

"Derek drove over 12 hours straight, just to visit the two of you but yet you're making him so uncomfortable to the point he feels necessary it's time to leave. He loves you, dearly! Derek has been mentioning this dinner to me constantly for the past two weeks, but you don't have the decency to behave properly!" Belle yelled with confidence. "Your only child doesn't want to become a medical surgeon at Harvard, so that means you shouldn't force him into doing so. If he wants to become a police officer, let him. If he wants to be a damn musician, let him! No matter what he does, I'll support him through every step until he reaches the top. You don't deserve his time nor mine!" Belle said as headed towards the door. "It was nice meeting you, Mister Lochner."

No one dared to speak after Belle had blown up on Liz. Not even the rude remarker, herself.

"I cannot believe you just did that," Derek chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Belle's waist while the duo walked to his car.

"Yeah, me neither-"

"Wait!" Liz ran towards the young couple. "I can obviously tell you put my son into his state of mind. Even if I don't like what his goals of life are, I know you'll be there and that satisfies me. Please stay longer, I apologize for my rude behavior earlier."

Derek and Belle followed Liz back to the house and surprisingly enjoyed a civil dessert with Mister and Misses Lochner.