Chapter Two (part 1)

Start from the beginning

If Lisa was being fake and plastic- well, two can play at this game. Isabella laughed and hit her arm lightly, "Oh, shut up. Are you sure though, Lisa? Sure he wasn't checking you out instead?"

Well, she might be true. I mean, I am sitting next to her, aren't I? Besides, it would make much sense! Isabella tried not to scoff at that thought. "What do you mean?" she asked, pretending to sound oblivious. "He was looking right at you-"

Okay, so there was no possible way Isabella was going to sit through the same thing again. So, he was really trying to avoid her. Well, he was making her job easier then. "No, Lisa Evans. Don't even go there. I'm serious; he might as well be drooling over you! Honestly, as much as I hate to admit it, you seem really pretty today. Say," she added conversationally. "Did you do something to your hair?"

That seemed to lighten her up instantly. Within a second, Isabella found herself nodding along to Lisa's ramblings along with her followers but part of her lapsed into her happy place when a couple of nods and non committed yeahs' when she felt a hot breath against the crook of her neck then a pair of strong arms were snaking around her waist. "Hello beautiful," the person whispered into her ear pulling her tight against his chest as she spun around.

All her worries seemed to disappear at his very touch. Isabella felt her grin stretched even wider, wrapping her own pair of arms around his neck and shuddered when his lips touched the soft spot just beneath her ear and a very low, very soft sound of pleasure escaped from behind her lips. Immediately, she felt blood rushing to her face but she was surprised; she didn't pull away. Neither did he. She heard him chuckle and before she could respond, his hard lips crushed onto hers and she was swept off her feet. She let out a squeak of surprise then giggled quietly when she tightened her grip around his neck. Their kiss deepened; she ran her fingers though his hair and held tighter and she felt him shudder, kissing her more roughly than before. She smirked then pulled away, resting her forehead on his as she inhaled his familiar scent.

Then, as if on cue, their friends erupted with laughter, wolf whistles and just.. irritating cheers. She blushed uncontrollably and Nick let out a low chuckle.

"I love you, Nick." She whispered into his ear and he set her back down on her feet. His smile was wider than before and she couldn't help but smile right back at him. For a moment, she had forgotten all about her troubles. And her past.

His lips pulled upwards into one of those rare genuine smiles that she loved as he tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear and gently, his hands cupped her face. His electric blue eyes met hers and what she saw in them thrilled her; it had been too long since she felt this giddy. It was different, not the same like how Daniel made her feel... but the feeling was there, almost similar.

"Not as much as I love you," he kissed her.

Isabella was not a big fan of public display of affection but what could she possibly do? Temptation got the best of her and Nick... she loved him. Surely, betrayal seemed to guilt her to the core but it was for the best. So she thought.

"GET A ROOM GUYS!" one of Nick's friends yelled and Isabella let out a laugh, hoping the blush she that was burning her face would fade away. Nick flipped a finger at his friend, Joel, then yelped when Isabella hit him in the chest playfully shaking her head.

Isabella pulled away from his hold, ignoring his frown. "Where are you going?" he asked and she ginned.

"Why, miss me already?"

He scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile on his face. "More or less."

She rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'm gonna get myself a can of soda. You want any?"