Chapter Four (part 1)

(Isabella)

His eyes screamed pain.

His eyes screamed anger.

But most of all, his violet orbs screamed betrayal.

Isabella couldn't help the surprise gasp that escaped her lips at the sight before her. She shifted a bewildered gaze to Jace who had a smug smile plastered on his face. His left hand lifted from the pockets of his jeans and gestured towards Daniel who wore a simple baby blue button down shirt and fade blue jeans. Jace on the other hand, still had on his football jersey, drenched in disgusting sweat.

"Don't know if you guys have met but Bella meet Dan and Dan, this is Bella,"

Daniel's face was wiped out off any emotion as he nodded curtly at her. She managed to crack a smile and give him a small wave before turning accusingly to her dear brother from another mother. Literally. Her father remarried two years ago and well, here they were now.

"Jace, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Not to see your ugly face, if that's what you're wondering." he smarted and she was about to give him a heart wrenching comeback when Nick appeared by her side and rested his hand on the small of her back.

Her eyes flickered to Daniel for a brief second and it was her biggest regret. For a brief second, she saw only hurt that flashed in his smouldering eyes before he looked away, his jaws clenched.

Isabella's chest tightened. She was a horrible person. She was the most horrible person there possibly was on the face of this god forsaken planet and there was no denying it. There was no denying that she was hurting Daniel! She wanted none other than the ground to open up and swallow her.

"I think we're all well aware of Bella's impeccable beauty, Jace," Nick said smoothly and without a second glance at his brother by bond, his gaze landed on Daniel and instantly, he broke out into a full blown grin.

"Now would you look at that- it's Dan the Man!" he had exclaimed and reached out to give Daniel a bro hug.

A smile touched Daniel's lips but Isabella could tell it was forced.

Isabella threw the boys a bewildered look. "Wait- you guys know each other?"

Nick shrugged. "Yeah, well, he was supposed to try out for the team today..."

Daniel grinned and Jace scoffed, glaring accusingly at Nick. "And you were supposed to be there, you bloody asshole! For crying out loud, you're the bloody team captain, man! I can't believe you skipped the tryouts for my sister. I mean- ugh! It's bloody disgusting. You weren't fu-"

"Oh my god, Jace! Just shut up and get inside!" Isabella cried out before her step brother could finish the sentence.

Nick let out a loud laugh following Jace as they made their way into the house, muttering indignantly as Daniel trailed after them both leaving Isabella by the door.

Daniel suddenly stopped and to her surprise, he turned to meet her gaze. His eyes burned into hers as he smiled a soft smile that sent her heart into a furious race.

"You coming?"

This was going to be a long day.

_____________________________________________

I'm really sorry for the long upload and a bloody short one too but I'll try to post part two soon, okay? At least it's something right?

Vote, Rate and Comment!