Chapter Two (part two)

Chapter Two (part 2)

(Isabella)

Maybe forgetting Daniel would be the right thing, if it were possible. Forget Daniel. Forget the love of her life? She knew, she remembered what had happened the last time Daniel tried to avoid her, for her own good he had said but he wasn't able to hold himself back. After months of avoiding her glances, of not talking to each other, he gave up in the end because... well, love works in mysterious ways, so they say. He loved her too much despite how she looked like or how she treated him. Never mind how ugly she was on the inside, never mind how horrible she was towards him- he loved her anyway.

So what was she going to do now?

It was because of her that he fell from the heavens. It was also because of her that billions of angels and demons wanted not only her but also him dead. She was done blaming him for every single bad thing that had happened in her life or lives for that matter. If a normal life wasn't meant for her then so be it. Daniel Grigori was her love as she was his but she will not accept his fall especially since it was because of her. He deserved more.

She knew the truth now and no one could stop her from making things right once again. Her way.

"Isabella Hale, building castles in the air again?" the shrilling voice of her history teacher rang from across the room, yanking her out of her thoughts once again.

She blinked a few times and met the annoyed gaze of Ms Flynn. She heard the snickers of the class and cleared her throat, sitting up a little bit straighter than before. "Not exactly, Ms Flynn. I was thinking more of mansions than castles. I'm a little bit more modest that you think I am, Ms Flynn." Isabella grinned and Ms Flynn rolled her eyes.

Ms Flynn was a petite red head with a heart shaped face and was only a few years older than them. Hence, her humour. She strode across the classroom to Isabella's seat which was right at the back of class and with an unlikely playful smirk; she whacked her head using the hardcover copy of the textbook she was holding earning an earful of "Ohhhhhh!" and "Ouch!" from the class.

"Did that hurt or did you need another whack in the hea-"

"No!" she cried. "That hurt! That hurt!" Rubbing the back of her head, she stuck her tongue out behind Ms Flynn's back as she made her way back to the front of the class and Nick, who sat in the seat in front of her, shook his head at her with exaggerated disappointment and earned himself a hard kick on the back of his chair.

"Seriously, Hale. Doze off again during my class and I'll have to kick you out of here." Said Ms Flynn with her hands on her hips- an unusual stern expression plastered on her face, obviously she was trying too hard. Isabella heard part of the class trying to stifle their laughs and so did she, actually. She gave her a mock salute.

"Yes, ma'am!" Isabella called and the red head of a teacher feigned a hurt look, dramatically pointed the pen in her hand in her direction accusingly.

"You do not call me ma'am or to detention you shall go!"

Isabella let out an easy laugh and raised her arms in surrender then ever so profoundly began ranting, purposely getting on her nerves. "You got me, Ms Flynn. Of course, detention is my most dreaded torture. The long hours I would spend there doing absolutely nothing scares the bejeebees out of me. Oh dear lord, of course I would rather learn more about dead people than doing nothing at all!"

Nick along with his pals howled with laughter at Isabella's impressive acting (and also sarcasm that was dripping off her tone rather heavily) but there was an odd flash of red in Ms Flynn's chocolaty eyes that silenced her, sending a cold finger up Isabella's spine. What scared her was that it happened in a blink of an eye- so fast, that she would have thought it was just her chaotic mind playing tricks on her if it weren't for the (literally) life threatening discovery she recently uncovered- that it weren't just humans and animals that coexist in this uncanny world but also angels and demons. Then again, it could possibly be her paranoia kicking in.

So, she decided to shrug it off and flash an award winning grin to her teacher who then scrunched her nose up at her and stuck her tongue out like a total five year old. Her little red curls bounced around her face and her floral plated skirt swayed as she spun around to make her way to her desk up front and indignantly tossed the book on it. The class erupted in laughter at their quirky teacher and after a few moments of the very petite young lady before them clamed them down, class resumed to its usual tormenting slow pace.

Snores droned across the classroom, the sounds of pages being turned was surprisingly louder than the whispers and low giggles from the girls around her who were busy gossiping' about the hottest guys in school and finally, the soft humming of Nick's voice to her favorite song was a lullaby to her, pulling her into her world of nightmares, her past, as her eye lids suddenly felt a thousand times heavier. Sleep seemed like an ideal activity for her at that moment. Just five minutes... Never mind the nightmares... The fire... The pain... Daniel...

"And Isabella, the past is not just about dead people." Ms Flynn had called later on when more than half of her class had already dozed off into their own respective dreamlands. Isabella found herself struggling to keep her eyes open, refusing to sleep, to dream. She met Ms Flynn's eyes that held a strange emotion as her red lips pulled upward into an eerie knowing smile- all trace of humor gone. The hair at the back of Isabella's neck suddenly stood erected as the next few words were spoken.

"The past is the key to all our unanswered questions. It is what makes us what we are now."

_____________________________________________________________________

I don't blame you if you want me murdered. I mean, were I you, I'd want the same thing but hey, I felt so bad and I managed to kick writer's block in the butt and also it's one in the morning and just so you know, i typed this out in fear that my mother would barge in the room shrieking at the top of her lungs to have me disowned. So, here you go. Chapter two part two. It's not much but at least it's something right?

I'll try updating as often as I can now. Pinky promise.

P.S Note the word 'try'. Oh, and by often, I mean at least once a week. How about that?