#6 : The Last Move

Wolf

This was horrible. I was between a bunch of starving zombies. I thought that was it. I was going to die but I managed to get myself away from them. I ran away from the building to attract the zombies to me.

As soon as the shutter is closed and the zombies aren't around it, the people inside won't be hurt. I noticed that zombies are blind and they react to the sound and to smell. So I could easily get away from them. 

Then I walked around to look after weapons and food to survive when I found an army base. Then in the army base, you know the story.

- I'll take you to this underground tunnel which leads to a river but it's risky to the point you can get drowned. says the scientist.

- I'll take the risk.

Just as he informed, I got led into a river. The water flow was so strong but I tried to propel myself towards the edges and found the land floor. As soon as I was getting up, I saw two men and a little boy with guns aiming at me asking me questions like ;

- Where you came from ? Are you hurt by zombie ?

- No.. huh.. no, no, I'm not hurt.. yet. 

- Would you like to join our group ?

- Hey! We don't know this man yet. It's too early to ask him this. says the other man who didn't look like he trusted me. 

- I know. But we need to get more people to defend ourselves and survive. And you already killed enough survivors 'cuz you didn't trust 'em. says the guy who asked me to join 'em.

- But we don't have enough food to share, Frank.

- The more people we recruit, the more help we'll get to get some food. C'mon, man.

And I joined them without having time to think if I can trust them or not. But I didn't make a mistake 'cuz they are good people. In their crew they were 5, Frank, the leader, Nicoh, a young man who worked in a supermarket, Simon, the little boy who was French, François, his grand father and a little girl who lost her parents in the supermarket where Nicoh was working. Innocent people were trying to survive. After hearing their stories, I felt like my life was not that sad actually.

Some days later, I went with Nicoh to bring some food and water for the kids. I came back a day later. And I found Crow in our group. I first gave what I brought to the kids and to the others. Crow looked like he was tired.

- Hey. So you're still alive ? smirk

- Yeah, what did you think ? Heh. says Crow.

- What happened to you ? Did you get bitten by a zombie on your shoulder ? I asked to Crow.

- No.. heheh. I'm not that weak yet. I was just shot.

- Cool. I heard you had an accident and you were brought to the hospital. Sorry I didn't come to visit you. I didn't want to. :)

- Good, you at least got that I didn't want to see your face. ^^ says Crow in a sarcastic way as I did.

- You're scared to look me in the eye anyway. I replied back.

- Would you please stop ? says Frank.

- Why didn't you tell me he's with you before inviting me to your crew ? asked Crow.

- Hah.. I knew you wouldn't come if I had told you. But guys, you gotta cooporate now, we are not in our usual world anymore. If we don't help each other, it's going to be the end. I don't even know why I should still remind you this after everything you've been through since this disaster. says Frank.

Then we started eating the food we brought. And Crow and me started to discuss in a cooler way.

- So you mean Suzy is still in the building ? asks Crow.

- Yeah, man. She should be and with many other survivors.

- I'm gonna get her. Tell me where is this building.

- I think we should go together. says Kio.

- I'll come with you guys. You can count on me. And Simon would be a good help too. says Frank.

- That's so nice of you but I think Wolf, Kio and me are suffisant for this. You guys are also brave but we also need brave ones to protect this group so I suggest you to stay here. says Crow.

- Me too I want to come! says Shiba.

- No, Shiba, I don't wanna put you in danger because of me. So please stay here so I could have a good reason to come back. says Crow.

- Oh.. okay..

- Okay guys. Let's go there tomorrow. says Kio.

The next day, Crow, Kio and me are heading to the building where Suzy is.

Narrator

When they're gone, Kris receives a message from Bryce, the leader of Kio's previous group. He asks him what happend with Serge and the others. Kris tells him everything that happenned. This makes Crow the most hated person for killing Bryce's group's members once again.

Kris tells Bryce where he is and Bryce decides to go there with his companions ; Keith, Diego and Yuvinho in order to attack and take them as hostage to take revenge on Crow.

Crow

We took Frank's only one car he had and were heading to the building. We saw some zombies in the way who couldn't do anything to attack us because we were too fast for them. And we finally reached the place.

- No zombies around this time. says Wolf.

- But look.. the shutter and the front door are wide open.. I said with fearing eyes.

- Be careful from now on, guys. And let's go. says Kio quitely.

We now entered the building, looking around before taking the stairs to the 4th floor. We faced some zombies in the way but managed to get rid of them. This made us believe that they might have encountered Suzy. We just hoped she managed to survive in her room.

The silence in the hallway was terrifying. There was absolutely no one in the building. Only the few zombies we killed.

Reaching her door. It wasn't totally closed. We got scared. Is she inside ?

---

To Be Continued

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked. :))))))))))