Todoroki Shouto: Lovey Dovey

What attracted him to you in the first place? Maybe it was your eyes, how they sparkles when you laughed. Maybe it was your soft skin, your outgoing attitude, your strength, but no; it was your affection.

Before you even started dating, you were affectionate. Being a happily hands-on person, your hugging and friendly hand holding was always fast to overwhelm the touch-deprived boy. You were the one who asked him out, and unknown to him, you were starting to feel a little less confident in yourself. He never seemed to hold your hand, it was almost like he didn't want your affection.

Maybe he didn't even want you, maybe you were just overstaying your welcome; nevertheless, as class got out like clockwork, you approached the popular boy and strapped yourself to his arm, "Are we still up for ice cream after Hero Course, Shouto?"

"Of course," he nodded, continuing to talk to the other boys. You rested your head on his shoulder blade, listening to their conversation in moderate peace. He wasn't pushing you away, maybe that was a sign enough?

"Hey, let's go change (L/N)!" Mina shouted, and you perked up and looked behind you to see a few of the girls starting to the door of the classroom. You nodded and smiled back.

"Right! I'll see you during class, alright?" You addressed your boyfriend, and he glanced at you and simply nodded. Your arm slipped out of his own, feeling slightly dejected as you followed her out of the class. She and the other girls could sense your displeasure.

"Come on, hiding it isn't going to work with us," Mina prodded, and Yaoyorozu butted in.

"Let her tell us in due time, it isn't her obligation to tell us," You shook your head, rubbing the back of your neck as you grabbed Mina's arm and she leaned happily into you.

"Ah, Shouto and I are just..." the girls suddenly became uncharacteristically silent to listen, "Well, he seems distant."

"That's Todoroki for you," Uraraka laughed softly, and you nodded.

"I know, I just expected him to open up a little bit, you know, since we've been dating for a couple months now?" You got to the lockers, cutting yourself off so that none of the boys in the locker room next to your own could hear you. Once changed, you exited to the busses to go to one of the training buildings.

Today you were going to have to protect another student who was "injured" and couldn't use their quirk while they climbed to safety, and you had to time your ascent perfectly so that you arrived at the top with them. Naturally the pairs combatted each other's personalities, Kirishima being the exception, and after protecting Hagakure, Kaminari was to protect you.

"Just keep moving!" Kaminari shouted, and you did as he said.

"I'm trusting you, don't let me down!" You played along with the helpless act, and the boy just about fainted on the spot.

"I'm doing the best I-!" He shouted in surprise, and suddenly one of Mineta's purple quirk balls was stuck to your lower back. You yelped, losing your footing. Kaminari was supposed to catch you, but he didn't stand a chance in his state after shocking himself - even he was falling!

You flailed in the air as you fell, and just as you thought you would have to activate your quirk, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist. Your cheeks stained red at you recognized the blue outfit, "Shouto," you were breathless. Maybe it was from screaming, but likely because he caught you slightly awkwardly with your diaphragm over his shoulder.

"Well done," Aizawa removed his quirk from you, and you sighed in relief. Just before you were about to try and get down, Shouto spoke.

"Don't be so reckless, Kaminari," The barely coherent boy just wheezed back. Shouto sighed, his arms holding you over his shoulder. He slowly lowered you, "Are you alright?"