Nurse Needs Nursing

Liv, Jen, Max and Darren had climbed the stairs of the biggest building on the compound. They had reached the first floor, the two men instructing the women where to go from behind, guns trained on their backs.

"Okay ladies, the room on the left is ours." Darren stated. On this floor, there were four rooms, each with a heavy looking door and three separate locks on the outside. Three of the rooms' doors were open accept for the one Darren was referring to. "Olivia, you can open it up can't you love?"

She was hesitant. The two men had stopped two metres behind them and her and Jen were stood in front of the door. She moved her hand closer to the handle, allowing her outstretched fingers to be the first to touch the metal. As she came into contact with it she felt a buzz of electricity go through her, leaving her both speechless and stunned as she retracted her hand and brought it to her chest.

She looked down at her fingers, they were already glowing bright red and the top layers of skin had been removed, the beginnings of a heavy burn already forming.

"What the hell was that?" She turned to Darren, still holding her burned hand.

"Umm... Well the guys up top reckoned they were installing that... I didn't think they'd actually do it though. Just a precaution." He took a set of keys from his pocket and fumbled around until he found the key fob he wanted. He approached the scanner next to the door and the fob appeared to cut the electricity to the door.

Darren and Liv stood looking at each other for a moment. "Go on then, I'm not gonna try it." Darren gestured.

Liv reluctantly reached out again, letting escape a sigh of relief at the realisation she wasn't going to get another shock. The brief relief was ended abruptly by the sight of the interior of the room. Two sets of chains had been laid across the floor, attached to the walls on either side of the room.

Max pushed Liv further into the room, they were followed by the others. He led Liv over to the far side and attached the chains to her feet whilst Darren did the same with Jen, also undoing the zip ties on her wrists.

Darren and Max walked to the centre of the room so they could speak to both women. "Now Liv, we've been given strict instructions, and we've been tasked with giving you a bit of an old ultimatum."

"Shoot." Liv said, trying to put on a brave front.

"Right. If you let Max and Jen in a room for 30 minutes, we're allowed to let you leave, but you have to deliver a message to Amanda."

Jen looked toward Liv, her eyes practically begging Liv to pick the other option, despite not knowing what it was.

"Or..." Darren continued. "Max leaves Jen alone and she's free to leave, but you have to stay alone with him until Jen delivers the message."

Liv paused for a moment. What sort of ultimatum was that? She had already made her decision, preferring to know Jen was safe over herself. "I'll stay." She blurted out. "Let her go."

Darren rubbed his hands together, smiling toward Jen who looked increasingly worried. "I'm glad you said that Lieutenant. Although, I did forget to mention the... Catch."

Liv sensed that Darren's earlier reassurance had been a lie. "What's the catch?" She asked, not really wanting to know the answer.