Hospital Drama

Warning: links to physical and sexual violence.

Liv, Nick and Fin ran back to the hospital, arriving just as three patrol cars pulled up outside. Six officers jumped out and made there way towards the door.

"Nick, brief the officers on the situation - have them sweep all floors and make sure no one leaves the building. Fin - upstairs with me. We'll check CCTV to see if it caught anything."

"Yes boss." Nick replied, running over to the uniformed officers.

Liv and Fin quickly made their way up the stairs, shouting at people to move out of their way. They reached the reception desk where Jen was stood waiting anxiously.

"I've got the feed up, thought you'd want to see it." She said, clicking play and letting Liv and Fin watch.

They had their eyes glued to the screen as Jen talked them through what was happening, ID-ing anyone who entered the room.

"So here's the two nurses taking her back to her room, Alex and Hannah. Alex is removing the lung drainer, Hannah takes her notes. They both leave." She speeds up the footage for a few minutes and then plays it at normal speed again. "Now this... I don't know who this is."

Jen falls silent as they watch a middle aged man enter the room, dressed in scrubs, carrying what appears to be a syringe. He approaches the bed and injects something into Amanda's arm as she sleeps. As the IV hasn't been reattached, he is able to lift her from the bed into the chair.

He goes to the folded pile of clothes in the corner of the room and awkwardly puts the black jeans on Amanda, then a long coat that covers the hospital gown, then a pair of ankle boots. He then leaves the room and comes back with a wheelchair.

He lifts Amanda into the chair and then leaves the room again. Jen looks at Liv, who's face becomes increasingly worried as the footage plays on.

"Where did they go next?" Liv asks urgently.

"Well, the feed from this wing 'cut out' an hour ago and there's no cameras in the stairwells, so we don't know." She said defeatedly. "But - the feeds on the public exits are all still working and they haven't appeared on there. Unless they've left through the doors that the paramedics use to take people into ICU, they're still in the hospital." She added.

"Okay thanks Jen. Do you think you could pull up a freeze frame of the guy?" Liv asked, noticing how efficiently Jen seemed to be able to use the computer.

"Yeah give me a second." She frantically started clicking away.

Liv turned to Fin, just as Nick turned up. "Fin, once Jen's got the picture, get it on your phone and start asking round the hospital. Nick, run down to the exit by ICU that the paramedics use to bring patients in - make sure none of the staff, their IDs, or any of the ambulances are missing."

"Hold on Liv," Nick said, watching Jen enlarge the face on the computer screen. "That face... I recognise it... Shit! It's that doctor!" He exclaimed.

"Nick slow down, which doctor?" Liv asked.

"The one I dropped in on yesterday, the one John took Amanda to. He wasn't in when I called - the assistant let me in and I sent her in for questioning. We've had cars on the house and the office all night but he hadn't turned up. There was a picture in the office of him with his kid daughter. That's him. 100%."