A Killer With a Conscience?

Warning: physical and sexual violence.

Fin had managed to calm Amanda down marginally. She had moved over to one side of the bed allowing him to sit on the other side, his arm around her shoulders. She had begun to fall asleep, although her breathing was still slightly irregular, her chest rising and falling at varying rates.

Nick entered the room quietly, seeing from the door that Amanda was resting, he crept over to the seat on Fin's side of the bed - he was wary that Amanda hadn't seen him properly yet and didn't want to frighten her.

He leaned over close to Fin, keeping his voice to a whisper. "I told Liv to go home, she's taken Jen with her and they'll be be back for 5. I also said you'd go home, check on Frannie and freshen up."

Fin looked at the clock on the wall before moving his eyes back to Nick. "I'll be an hour. Two max. When I get back I expect you to do the same Nick."

"Don't worry, I've already told Liv I would. When I go I'll interview Marcie Rodgers, we should let her wait a little longer." He got up quietly to allow Fin to get up.

Fin slowly removed his arm from behind Amanda's neck, got off the bed and grabbed his coat from the back of the chair that Nick had been sat on. "I'll see you later Nick. Oh and if you get a chance - Amanda said she thinks John had a wife." He said as he walked out of the door.

It may have been slightly louder than intended as Amanda mumbled and turned over awkwardly on to the side of her broken ribs so that she was now facing Nick who had sat back in the chair. She gave a pained look as he noticed that her hand was caught awkwardly underneath her body.

Nick moved to the edge of his seat, with Fin now gone he didn't want to scare Amanda, unaware of how she would react to his presence. "Amanda? Amanda, it's me Nick. You gotta wake up for a second and turn on to your back, you've got your arm stuck."

She didn't open her eyes, but did as he said, mumbling something in the process.

Nick sat back, being able to relax a small amount. He thought she had returned to her sleep when she started talking to him, her eyes still closed.

"Nick?" She was quite clear with her words.

"Yeah?"

"Where was everyone?"

Nick was confused. "When?"

"When Glenn got in." It'd taken her a few minutes but she'd realised that for him to get in and out unnoticed, none of the team were either inside or directly outside the room.

Nick wanted to say something that wouldn't make her worry, but knew better than to lie to her in this situation. "Someone gave Benson a note threatening her and the team, told her to get into a cab across the street. By the looks of things they drove her around the block a few times to lure me and Fin out until Glenn had got you. Then they dropped her on the sidewalk and drove off."

Amanda had opened her eyes and was looking at Nick from the moment he said Liv was in trouble. "What did they do? Is she okay?" She seemed to have completely forgotten that Liv had been on the roof and in the room with her and Fin afterward.

"Yeah she's fine... Do you not remember her being on the roof?"

Amanda felt disappointed that she had briefly forgotten the saga on the roof, but was also annoyed that she had been reminded of what had happened. "Yeah, sorry it slipped my mind."