• one •

2002

The atmosphere in the bar was cosy and warm – perfect for relaxing after a long day of hard work.

The origin of the bar wasn't known, but it was rumoured that it was created by a muggleborn who worked at the Ministry of Magic, whose intention was to allow the Ministry workers to get a moment of comfort at the warm place. It wasn't absolutely guaranteed whether the rumour was true, but as Harry Potter walked quietly inside the bar and took a seat in the corner, he saw, once again, how invitingly comfortable the interior was – with walls plastered with soft coloured wallpapers, lights toned down, and small plants or creepers kept at intervals to freshen the air with their raw, sweet smell; and he was somehow convinced that maybe the place really was created for that purpose.

He has been in the place several times before this, and each time he has left with overwhelming satisfaction. The service was friendly and welcoming, and the food left a sort of raw taste in his mouth that kept calling back at him even days afterwards. Perhaps it was due to the fact that he cooked his own meals and his stomach was craving for something new – but then again, there was one thing that Harry prided himself of, and that was his cooking. The food at the bar was undeniably delicious, and it offered an appeasing finish to a long day.

The table which Harry has taken was one of those partly concealed beneath the shadows, and it was a perfect place for him for it kept onlookers from peeking or pointing at him. He gazed at the menu and ordered a small burger that he hadn't tasted before.

One of the beauties of the place was that, even though it was protected from muggle intrusion, it offered foods of both the muggle and the magical world. If he looked around, he could see some people around him drinking firewhisky, while some had beers. And it was this fact that appealed to Harry the most, although he knew that most people at the Ministry refrained from coming here for its muggle friendliness.

The burger arrived fifteen minutes later, and with a contented sigh, he began to eat. Just as he had thought, it was beautifully tasty, and as the cheese melted in his mouth, he could, for a moment, forget about the rollercoaster ride his life was going through at the moment, and just enjoy the heaven that the bar had to offer.

For a moment, he felt a tinge of guilt in his heart. Ever since he had started to visit the bar regularly, he has been on his own. Ron, though he knew about the place, was blissfully ignorant of the fact that Harry was one of those regular visitors. He felt that he should at least let his best friend know, even if he wasn't planning on sharing his time with him.

But that would mean that he would have to face Ron and talk about the matter that has been plaguing him for the last two weeks, and he wasn't sure he was ready yet. He would have to talk to Ginny first, and Harry knew well enough that it was Ron's over protectiveness of his sister that was the root of his actions. He would just have to let him cool out – that would be the best option.

For now, he pushed all thoughts to the back of his mind and focused on enjoying his dinner.

••• •••

When Corben walked out of the Ministry building, he looked like he had run a mile, which certainly wasn't the case. Ensuring that his wand was tucked safely inside his pocket, he began to walk, his hand moving up to run through his hair, which has become annoyingly messy. His destination was the bar that, presumably, was created for Ministry workers, though other people were allowed in too. It was simply the fact that it was located at walking distance from the Ministry itself that it only ever was occupied by its employees.

The bar was small, nestled between two large buildings, and nearly invisible – which it surely was to muggles. As he neared the place, it became clearer, and he had a view of the inside of the bar through the large glass window. Although he couldn't make out anyone individually, he could tell that it was quite crowded. It wasn't surprising, for the bar wasn't very big, and it was usually always full to the brim.