▪ ■ thirty four ■ ▪

Hello again!! X

Your POV

"W...what?" Shawn stutters, looking at me desperately to tell him that it was all going to be fine, but I couldn't speak myself.

"There are many ways to control it Shawn. Its generally manageable. You need to inject yourself with insulin around four times a day, and have to check your blood glucose levels regularly. Also, you will need to control your diet and make sure you're eating regular, nutritious meals." She explains. "Right now your blood glucose level is high. It needs to return to normal before I can discharge you."  She explains. "It shouldn't take too long for it to return to normal, then you're free to go."

"Y/N" Shawn gives me a heartbreaking look.

"Come here, I'll hold you." I offer, as he looked like he was about to cry any second. "We can manage this okay, I'm going to make sure you can get back on the road and record and release songs." I squeeze his shoulder, trying my best to reassure him.

"I just want to sleep. Is that okay?"

"Of course honey, get to sleep." I kiss the top of his head, letting him sleep in my arms. This was going to be tough, but I was determined to help him through it.

Shawn was discharged a few hours later, and I begin driving him home.

"Can we both stay with my mum for a few days?" Shawn asks, pouting.

"That's okay. I just need to get a few things from our place, if that's okay."

"Yeah that's fine. I need to get some things too." He replies, reaching his arm out so that he could hold my hand.

"I know this is a silly question, but sre you okay?" I ask, squeezing his hand.

"No, I'm not. I just want to live my life Y/N and not have all these things to worry about."

"Why don't you have an interview from your apartment? You can record from home too." I suggest.

"That's a good idea." He leans his head back on the headrest, closing his tired eyes. "I could call Ellem up."

"That's odd because Ellen called this morning on the landline saying that she wants to interview you, but she wants a 100% honest one. She thinks it'll help others." I explain, parking up.

"That's cool... Y/N can we cuddle and watch films?" He asks, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Yes... yes we can." I bop his nose, making him smile.

I help him inside, and get him changed into comfy clothes.

"Come on. Lets cuddle." I giggle, letting Shawn lay his head in my lap.

"My favourite place." He kisses my leg, then fixes his eyes onto the TV.

I begin taking my hands through his hair, scratching his scalp.

We begin binge watching The 100.

Around halfway through the third episode, I realise that I had to inject Shawn with insulin. Before that, I had to check his blood sugar.

"Shawnie darling, I need to check your blood sugar." I help him sit and get the sugar kit from our bedroom. "Its gonna be a small pinch." The blood sugar level is tested by taking a very tiny bit of blood and putting it onto a slide, which goes into a machine. His blood sugar was slightly low.

"What do I do?" He asks.

"Er... I'm gonna get you a banana and that'll increase it. Let me inject the insulin first." I lift his shirt off and inject the insulin into him. "All done." I smile, and then get him a banana.

"So if my blood sugar is low, I have to eat something?" Shawn asks, peeling his banana.

I take the banana peel from him and bin it.

"Yep. Something relatively high in sugar so fruit is good. Juice is good if its really low and it needs a proper boost." I explain, sitting next to him.

"But what about performing?" Shawn asks and I'm puzzled. "I mean, what will happen? Like if I have a low sugar before a show what do I do?"

"We will work it out. Don't worry, jist focus on yourself and your health." I say, running my hand up and down his arm. "Are you in any pain?"

"I have a headache." He replies, and I usher for him to lay his head in my lap so I could give him a massage.

Soon enough, he's asleep, looking peaceful.

The next morning, I get a call from Andrew.

"Y/N? Where is Shawn?"

"Sleeping, why?"

"Ellen wants to do an interview with Shawn. An honest one. Tomorrow afternoon. She's coming to Toronto."

Isn't Lana Del Rey just incredible?