C h a p t e r 40: Innocence

Comenzar desde el principio

She was disgust, ashamed and scared.

Fear, confusion and hate were playing her like a silent symphony.

Then she stood up and smashed the mirror. And she kept punching it and smashing it 'till she noticed her hands bleeding.

Her shoulders fell, defeated, and her feet led her to the bathroom.

Valencia took what remained of her clothes off and went in the shower.

She let the water run, cold, slow.

She didn't care. Her body demanded her to feel numb, and what was left of her sanity asked her to just lose her mind.

It's sad sometimes when someone takes a shower to let the weight off his chest but then remembers that water never washes away whatever is within.

After minutes, or hours, she found herself out of it. She brought the first aid's bag and started treating the scratches and wounds covering her, out.

"Don't forget, this was just a heavy warning. You will come back to the club like you used to do. You'll take care and make our customers have their fun. They like feeling powerful over the educated young people, plus we don't like to make anyone suspect anything unusual. So you're going to keep up with your studies too." One of the men's voices barked in her ears as she remembered what they said before they leave.

"Well make sure you remember who you belong to." That was what the other man said, smirking.

The irony.

After all these years and the pain she went through, she still doesn't know who the person she supposedly belongs to is.

Well, not personally.

"Who were you before they broke your heart?" Valencia woke up from her nightmare when the girl who was sharing the room with her spoke.

She didn't answer. It was already hard to remain calm when she found out that the one who came and told her that puzzle today is the one who will be staying with her.

"I wasn't asking, just so you know. It's just a known quote. "

"I'm not interested in your quotes nor in your puzzles. Leave me alone." Valencia's voice was steady and cold.

The girl started laughing. "I like you. I'm not the one you're supposed to hate. I'm just someone who had a message to deliver. You'd do the same if they offered what they offered to me..."

Valencia was mad. She was trying her best to keep her breathing calm.

"A free fuck session? Yeah, a lot like that. Hope they also gave you a membership."

She regretted saying it the moment it was out. She doesn't know the girl and she knows she doesn't want to wish that upon anyone else.

The other girl didn't say anything. And that only made Valencia feel shittier.

"I'm sorry," Valencia said quickly, ready to close the discussion.

"Do you know, I've been in this jail for five years now? I didn't graduate high school nor got into the college of my dreams. I've been accused of rape and murder." There was silence for few seconds before she continues speaking. "A fourteen years old boy was found murdered in his bed this morning. The police confirmed that the boy was raped after he got drugged to be finally strangled to death. The family of the victim suspects their older son's girlfriend."

She sighed heavily.

"They never liked me. Apparently, I wasn't good enough for their son since I came from a financially poor family and I used to live in a dangerous neighbourhood, I guess that was enough to make me a dangerous person. And of course since the list of suspects wasn't long and I didn't have money for good lawyers, and they had money to buy a whole judge, I lost the case. How can you convince the judge that the day of the crime you were swimming alone in the beach because you wanted some time alone? I even liked the kid, you know? He was like the brother I never had. I cried my eyes out when I heard the news. No one deserves that."

"It's not like I want to go out in the streets where a criminal is walking peacefully, but when I got the news that delivering a message to you will be enough for me to have a chance of walking out and going back to my life with my boyfriend. I didn't believe it, but I wouldn't risk losing my chance."

"I apologize if that sentence held any bad meaning. I'm just ready to do anything to be with Dylan again."

***

HI GUYS!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

I really want to know what you all think so far? Like WE REACHED CHAPTER40!  so I really wanna know how you guys think it will all end.

Please please tell me in a comment 💕

Also I was thinking I may make an Ask.fm for Valencia where you can ask her questions, what do you think?

QUICK IMPORTANT NOTE: since I'm  a senior and in my country all seniors gotta succeed in the national exam in order to pass the year and pick a university otherwise I'll have to retake the whole year.
So please guys if I don't update regularly understand my situation.

PRAY FOR ME 🐰

SEE YA!

VAL SAYS HI.