Part 1

"He is dead and it's all my fault." She cried.

"I may not have pulled the trigger, but I let him drain away." She implied her guilt.

"I only remember us driving and then the car started rolling over. We stopped once we hit the water then everything went dark." She added then stood to leave.

The man sitting in front of her was still unfazed. He knew she was innocent yet she keeps all the blame. She was pacing near the window to calm herself. She couldn't bare the look in his eyes. She had spilled her lie and she could tell he didn't buy it. He stood and she began to pull at the sleeves of her long sleeve shirt.

"I know you had nothing to do with the crash. I don't get why you've told the police you killed him when you almost died on impact." He said, grabbing her forearm to stop her obnoxious pacing.

He had to look down to meet her gaze but that only caused her hard exterior to shatter. She began crying as if she was back at the crash. All he could do was hold her tight to his chest.

"What else do you remember?" He asked her in a calm voice.

Her mind began running then racing to relive the crash again. She saw herself on the exact moment of the crash. It is as if she was no longer inside her body, an out of body experience. Everything played exactly like she remembered, but this time she hears a loud shrill and glass shattering. She tries to narrow down the location of the shrill but can't.

"Compass! Stop!" He yelled clutching his ears.

Compass was pushed back by an invisible force. The wind was knocked from her lungs and she could tell she wasn't in her memory. In front of her was a crescent sized ring as black ash. She leaned forward to look closer and it wasn't ash, but feathers.

"You're a banshee." He said kneeling in the view of her gaze.

"Then what the bloody hell are you?!"

"Compass you're the only one that can see those who are not living."

"English Pheonix, English." She announced annoyingly.

"You didn't kill Titus. You screamed announcing his death. You called the Angel of Death and I arrived. Now, connect the dots princess." He told her as he patted her knee to quickly stand.

Compass watched this man crunch on the broken glass. Realization dawned on her, she did this. The scream from the crash was hers. But now, the question is, was the scream from now or before?

"Did you know you were a banshee?" Death himself asked.

Compass watched as he leaned against the main pillar if her grandmother's greenhouse. She kept a cautious eye on him as well as coming up with the answer to his question.

"I know of them but I didn't think I was one." She confessed as she dusted her dirt stained jeans.

He did not say anything, more than likely not satisfied with her answer. She turned away and began cleaning the greenhouse.

"Since I was little, I've been able to see people's deaths or how they are going to die."

"You are a young banshee, I'll tell you that. I've been doing this game for some time now, but I've never met a banshee as young and powerful as you." Phoenix informed her.

Compass continued to clean in order to keep her nerves from overpowering her sense yet again.

"Work for me." He offered.

"Excuse me?" She questioned with a bewildering expression.

"Help me. Guide me to the next dead soul and I will help you find who killed Titus and your parents."

He was making a deal with her, one she wanted. It was one she didn't want to refuse. She didn't give him an answer because a cold chill spoke to her skin trying to tell her something. She just stared at him and tried to decider his expression.

"You don't have to answer now. Think about it. The police think you're crazy, but they don't completely think you killed him"

"Aren't you Death? Don't you know everything of someone's passing?"

"I am that angel princess, but I need a guide to lost souls Compass. Burn this when you have an answer for me." He said as he left an onyx colored feather next to her pot of Snow White roses.

She watched him slowly retreat into the shadows of the entrance of the greenhouse. With the broom still in hand, she picked up the dark feather and her mind began to ponder his offer.

————————————————————————————————————————-
End of part 1 everyone. Hope you all enjoyed. Stay toned for part 2. Vote, comment, share; it's up to you.
-Jenn