TWELVE

We got on the bus at 10:36, like Tiana said, and now we were just talking. It was surprisingly... Nice.

"So why are you queen bee?" I asked her, looking down at her from where I was standing. We were both standing, holding the rails because the bus was oddly full.

"Because I'm hot? I'm pretty sure that's it. Being substantial is just a bonus." Tiana laughed as she spoke, causing my lip to twitch.

"Who said you're hot?" I questioned tauntingly, somewhat hoping she'd understand it was a joke. She seemed smart enough, if not, her ego sure was big enough.

"You don't have to say it, my eyes aren't just for decoration you know." Tiana smirked, placing a hand on her hip.

"Fair enough." I stated, looking around, not knowing where we were going. Suddenly, the bus stopped and Tiana tumbled forward into my chest. She gasped as she hit my chiseled chest before laughing.

"God, that was so cliché." She said between laughs. I chuckled too, her laughter was contagious. We passed through the downtown area and I saw a somewhat familiar blog of black hair sitting on the side of a building.

Mary?

"So what are your parents' names?" Tiana asked, getting back on her feet, breaking me from my train of thought.

"Lillith and Barbatos." I told her, not bothering to lie. It's not like-

"Like the demons?" She asked almost excitedly. "Sorry, that sounded creepy."

"No, you're right. Exactly like the demons." I chuckled because she smiled, thinking that I was joking.

"This is our stop." She announced, pulling me off the bus. In front of us stood a huge mall and I nearly scoffed. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out.

Adelaide - Sorry I haven't been at school, sick.

I didn't bother replying, I just eyed the mall wearily. Suddenly, beside me, Tiana bursted into another fit of laughter. I looked at her curiously and she held out a finger, telling me to wait.

When she finally stopped laughing, she looked up at me. "We're not actually going to the mall, I just couldn't help myself." She smiled and I narrowed my eyes at her. Then she pouted at me, "Don't be a baby, let's go."

She grabbed my hand and took me down a few blocks. "I'm not eating at a restaurant." I declared.

"Aw, c'mon please?" She pleaded. I shook my head and she sighed, "Do you know how hard it is to get a reservation at that place?"

"You thought I'd say yes?" She shrugged and kept walking, I trailed behind her. She started skipping and I had to walk faster to keep up.

You could just fly...

Shut up.

"Here we are!" She exclaimed excitedly, stopping in front of a park. "Plan B."

"Seriously?" I asked her blankly. Maybe going with her was a bad idea...

"Fine..." She said seemingly disheartened. "We could always just go back to the mall."

I ignored her comment and she continued walking, checking her phone for the time halfway through. "Perfect." I heard her utter under her breath.

Laser tag?" I questioned aloud.

"You know it, babe." She smirked, but then she saw my frown. "What's wrong? Afraid you'll lose?"

I smirked at her, "No, I'm afraid I'll hurt your feelings when I destroy you." At that, she smiled.

"Bring it on, Gabe." She said, using a nickname. At least her third idea was better than the last two. We walked into the building and she greeted the worker at the front desk.

"Reservation for Tiana, 11:30." She said, turning her head to smirk at me. I couldn't help it, I gaped at her.

"How did you-" she cut me off.

"Like I said, observative with stalkish tendencies." Tiana smirked at me as they took us to a room. Several kids were already waiting and she introduced me to them. How did she know I would pick here?

I like her, and that's saying something.

They suited us up and explained the rules, but soon enough, we were playing. Tiana and I were on opposite teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if she'd planned it that way.

I played well, but since it was elimination, once you were hit, you were out. Most of my team got out early in the game, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's just me and two other guys. Judging by the groan across the dark field, I'd say one guy.

I shot down two more of the other teams players until I heard my other team mate get shot. I sighed and turned a corner, but someone's gun met the coloured part of my vest.

"Move and I'll shoot." It wasn't Tiana's voice, but I froze nonetheless.

"Can I turn around?" I asked her, lowering my voice. They never said I couldn't play dirty.

"Only if you promise not to shoot me." She giggled. Dumb bitch, the demon muttered. I turned around with a friendly smile, and raised my gun, but before I could shoot, I was shot from behind.

Dimly, I could see the girl in front of me smirking. I turned around to face my killer, only to find Tiana standing ten feet away. "What can I say? She was the bait, and I was just the fisherman, pulling the strings."

"And I bit, I bit hard." I said, sighing, but chuckling at her repetitive use of that particular metaphor.

Tiana came over to me and patted my back. I made sure to flatten my wings closer to myself if that was possible, thankfully she didn't seem to notice. We walked out of the arena and put our equipment back.

"Good game." Tiana said, her hand outstretched. I went to shake it, but a shock went through me as we touched. Tiana jumped, but laughed.

"We should skip again sometime." She suggested, walking alongside me. We exited just as a bus stopped before the laser tag facility. "Losers first."

I got on the bus, asking, "Did you know the bus would be here?"I flashed the bus driver my bus pass and looked back.

"It's ruin the mystery if I told you." She smirked, the bus doors closed behind me, but Tiana waved from outside.

The bus started to drive, but I just looked at Tiana confusedly. "I had a great time." She laughed, walking away from the bus stop. I took a seat, somewhat wondering where the bus was going, but if it went far, I could always fly back. The demons were oddly quiet today, but I wasn't questioning it. The only thing I was thinking about, was Tiana.

------

I love Tiana, if Gabe doesn't marry her, I will I swear. I love this song and I'm so bored, enjoy peeps.