Sage walked along, in tow with Randall. "It was okay. We went to a neighbour's house for ... a little outdoor a-activity." he explained, almost stutter-free. "H-how about you?"

Randall glanced away from him, sighing. "Nothing special. The usual, I guess." he murmured, with another sigh. They walked in silence for the rest of the time, until they reached Sage's locker.

Since the day Randall stuck the note to his locker door, there had been no more messages, which ineffably relieved Sage.

However, that morning, a familiar-looking boy with red-hair was seen standing by the locker, a notebook in hand.

Randall wasted no time in his attack, grabbing the delinquent.

"Oh, fuck, ma'!" Carter yelled, once Randall had him up against the locker, his hand coiling into a fist. Upon realizing this, Carter raised his hands in surrender, his baby-blue eyes wide with surprise. "Whoa, easy 'ere killer! Hot babes are seein' this."

Randall ignored the trivial comment. His grip on the red-head's shirt didn't loosen. "What the hell are you doing?"

A smile worked its way across the victim's face, and he lifted his notebook, showing Randall a writing in pink ink.

Digits.

"I ain' here tryna pick bones witchu, man. Why waste time stickin' notes on some faggot's locker when I-"

Randall slammed Carter in the locker again, and Sage winced at the sound effect. "Watch your fucking mouth."

Carter didn't seem fazed. He was smirking at his aggressor, obviously not wishing to push him off and end their proximity, which was a rare occurrence. He enjoyed provoking people. "Alright. Chill." Randall's eyes scanned the senior boy's face one last time before releasing him, deciding that Carter wasn't worth his time nor effort. Turning to Sage, he nodded.

"Don't mind this ... this thing here." he remarked, which made Carter place a delicate hand to his chest, as though he was wounded.

"Ran? And I thought for a minute 'ere we be havin' a little-"

Randall shot a fierce glare his way, causing him to step back, with a nervous laugh. Both boys were standing on the same height, with similar builds, but Sage doubted that anyone would like to get into a fight with Randall, considering his notorious reputation.

Wanting to flee from the situation, Sage made to step forward, but Carter was looking at him. He wasn't glaring or trying to be intimidating, but he wasn't waving the flag of peace and friendliness, either. Sage lowered his gaze, about to proceed when someone's shoulder rammed into him from behind, causing him to jolt forward.

"Faggot." some kid remarked, with a loud laugh. Their smugness didn't last long, however, as Randall's hand shot forward, fastening onto the kid's skirt and hauling him back with such force he had a whiplash.

"Would you like to say something?" Randall lowered his voice to a menacing growl, spinning the kid to face him. The boy visibly flinched and recoiled, fear written on his forehead. He furiously shook his head.

"S-sorry, man!" the boy sputtered out, disappearing at the speed of light once released.

Randall turned towards his blond friend, resting his hand on his cheek. "Are you okay?"