"You guys don't place bets on me, do you?" I ask them.

Momma shakes her head.

"But we're about to start!" Ma says laughing again.

I roll my eyes at her. Despite almost being 40 she's as childish as possible. I love it though.

As if knowing what I was thinking about Momma nods and side hugs me.

Grandpa Wayne and Grandma CeCe join us, Grandpa breathlessly falling into the seat. Ma immediately grabs a bottle of water and takes it over to him.

He smiles gratefully and takes a small sip of it before looking up to greet me," good morning little lamb."

Beaming I go over and hug him," morning Grandpa. How you feeling?"

"Right as rain." He winks.

I chuckle and glance at the time on the stove.

It's 11:45 so I decided to leave. Since it takes an hour to get to the festival I don't want to go later and risk it being too dark.

Texting Jasmine I let her know I'm on my way before pulling off.

I put in my Rock Mix consisting of all my favorite rock songs like Jessie's Girl, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and You Give Love a Bad Name.

With my eyes trained on the road I sing along.

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darlin', you give love a bad name

I come to a stop in front of Jasmine's house, jump out, and go up to the door. Rapping my hand on the purple wooden door.

There's about a three minute wait before the door is pulled open. I'm greeted by Amanda's warm smile.

"Emerson hi, good to see you again, please come in." She steps back and lets me in.

I smile and step inside and standing still by the fern in the corner.

"I know you're here for Jasmine but she told me she's getting ready for a date." Amanda says finger pointing up.

Chuckling I nod about to reply.

"Amanda, Emerson is her date," Braiden walks in and says.

He has a sandwich in one hand and a coke in the other.

Amanda's eyes widen briefly," ohhh. That makes so much sense."

Braiden sets down the coke and places a hand on my shoulder," you may be a woman but I will not hesitate to protect my niece. Don't hurt her or you will have us," he points between him and Amanda," to deal with."

I nod my head," I understand. For the record I can't promise anything but I care very much for Jasmine and I intend on no way to hurt her."

Jasmine comes down the stairs, she's clad in a jean skirt, long tan/brown boots, a red sweater, orange and red scarf, and a jean jacket.

A smile makes it way on to my face before I can help it. Just seeing her brightens my day.

She smiles at me too and turns to her aunt and uncle," I will be home before 11, I love you guys."

Braiden kisses her forehead and Amanda hugs her. Waving to them I hold my hand out for Jasmine and we leave out.

I open the door for her, she gets in, I close it and go around to get in myself. Right as I go to open my door a car flies by nearly hitting me.

With wide eyes I stare after the blue Ford F-150. Looks way too familiar for me.

Pushing the thought aside I climb in the car. I smile at Jasmine before turning the radio up and pulling off.