Chapter 19: A warning

Start from the beginning

The security guards had finally got up and took their guns out to point them at me.

"Guys it's fine. You can all leave. Thank you."

"But sir are you-"

"I'm sure Katherine. It's fine."

The lady-Katherine nodded and left with the guards closing the doors.

"Danny sent me to give you these files. And now I'm giving them to you. Have a nice day." I smiled sarcastically and turned around to leave and placed my hands on the handle but he called out to me.

"Rose?"

My hand stopped and I stood still, as if he had something important to say.

"Sorry." I turned around. "It's Lana."

He looked confused.

"I changed it. Found out rose was too boring."

"Well um. I see you're still irritated about being in the same room as me."

I scoffed. "I'm sorry am I suppose to be giving you heart eyes?"

"No but I at least thought you weren't going to be mad anymore unless Chris still didn't tell you. I mean why would he? He's your cousin." He said to himself. "And he was the one who set it up."

"What are you talking about?" I said irritated, because everything that was coming out of his mouth irritated me.

He looked at me deep in thought. I think he was contemplating on whether he wanted to tell me or not.

Too bad, wasn't his choice to make.

"Liam." I said sternly.

He nodded and told me to sit down. So I could get this over with, I sat down.

"Can you just tell me already?" I said impatient.

He sighs deeply and proceeds to talk. "I'm not really sure why he did this, or whatever his reason but it was probably important considering that he hurt you-"

"What are you talking about?" I freaked out, wondering who in the world told him about yesterday. Or maybe he didn't know and I was overreacting.

"I'm sorry keep going." I said firmly, and he slowly nodded.

"Well he must have had a good reason for breaking us up and hurting you that bad, be-"

"Are you saying that it was Chris's fault that we broke up?" I said in a monotone voice.

"Lana?! Are you going to let me finish first."

"Hey don't yell at me!"

He puffed out air and smiled. "You're still the same. You don't let people put you down and you love to argue still."

"Get on with the story. I'll let you finish this time. But hurry I have things to do."

"Alright then let me proceed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the afternoon, cloudy for an unpleasant day to come. Camilla had asked Chris for a day off to attend a matter of hers. For regular people this type of matter was important to them and very emotional.

But not for Camilla. She had kept telling herself that it was important that she go, so she wouldn't have regrets. Inside she knew she still loved him because he was her father. And he was dead, it was the least she could do even though he was a monster whom once kept traumatizing her with impossible tasks.

She was late. Still though, she had came. But someone wasn't fond of the idea of her being there.

She rolled her eyes and walked towards the grave stone with the letters, "Mateo Moretti, an honorable man loved by many." Marked on it.

Camilla wanted to comment about the little remembrance but knew not to. She at least had some respect for him.

"I have no idea what you're doing here but I think you may have came to the wrong father's grave." Giovanni said as he stared at the grave stone.

Everybody had already left and it was just him there and his batch of men.

"I just wanted to say goodbye and say little prayers for him."

"Why?" Giovanni questioned.

Camilla finally turned his way and spoke. "Even though I left that didn't mean I wasn't still related to him nor did I ever not like my father. He was a workaholic drunk asshole. He didn't abuse me but he did mentally scar me with things he made me do." She said while rubbing her arm over and over to give herself comfort.

"Yeah but guess who was left with the tasks after someone abandoned their little brother?" He asked rhetorically with no sad emotion. Just the truth.

Camilla turned his way once again and then looked down, then back up into the far landscape.

"I didn't mean to. I thought maybe for you it would be different because you were young-"

"That's bullshit." Giovanni interrupted. "In fact he never held back. You have to be the greatest sister in the whole world." He stared ahead not bothering to pay her a glance. "But no matter at least I got everything that was his. You don't get shit, but at least you still have that asshole of a boyfriend. Did he do anything to you?" Giovanni smirked.

Camilla's head turned his way. "It's sad how you live, Giovanni. No family. No friends. No real love. And only because you're getting married doesn't mean that's real love. You destroyed the one thing that mattered-"

"I don't need family; never had it in the first place. Friends neither, I prefer acquaintances. And why the fuck does love matter?" He scoffs. "Mattered? Come on Camilla. By now you should know I only used her. Camilla I'm just warning you that a whole new person just became the head of the family. My dad was too weak to fully destroy the Fallaci family because of you but I'm not him. I'm giving you this warning for you to take to your boyfriend."

"Actually Giovanni it's you who should be watching out. We underestimated you but that won't happen again. And you're underestimating us. So watch out Giovanni because a war is probably going to break out soon and it honestly makes it clear that we aren't family so it'll be easier for me to take you down." She smirked and walked away while Giovanni rolled his eyes and started to leave also.

Little did they know that something else was coming and it wasn't the both of them. A war would definitely come soon. And it would cause corruption in the city or maybe even country.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: okay so I'm sorry it took long to update this but I wanted to make it a good chapter since this is where it gets crazy. Well hope you enjoyed it and there's still so much to come.

Good luck and have a great day/night! :)

-B