Chapter 1: You're Kidding Me

Dont forget to comment and vote!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright sweetie, you did good. High five!" I raise my hand for the little girl to give me a high five and she grins while giving me a high five with all her force.

I give her a lolipop from the clear jar on my counter and she happily takes it, ripping the wrapper right off. I smile at her and face her mother.

"Everything is alright with Madison. There's no problems or anything you should worry about." I inform her.

Madison's mom gives me a smile and a nod. "Thank you, Doctor Velazquez." I give her a small nod, then she takes her daughter's hand and leaves towards the door. "Bye Ms. Docter. Thank you." Madison spits as she hastily runs out of the room with her mother walking faster to catch up.

I chuckle.

I check my watch and sigh as its already four.

Just one more patient.

I type in the rest of the information into the computer and try sending Madison's information to the system.

I hear the door handle being pulled down, then pushed, but I don't bother turning around because it might be the other nurses or its probably my fiance who told me he was leaving yesterday to Columbia, to say bye one last time.

I know what you're thinking!

I bet you're like "omg is she really dating again after what has happened to her during these past years?"

"Like she can't be that dumb, right?"

Trust me when I say that I tried to not date him. I was really stubborn, like really, really stubborn, but he always found a way to get to me, and he never stopped. I gave him trust, little by little and I don't know what was it about him, but he was definitely trustable. His eyes and his laugh made me trust him. He was also related to Taylor's family, so I knew he wasn't involved in the mafia.

And yes that's how paranoid I was. I thought anyone could be in it, but he was a sweetheart disguised as a tough guy.

Before he started dating me he knew that I was wary about dating again nevertheless he was patient.

We had met when Taylor's family threw a welcome home party for me the day after I had arrived from New York.

'I smiled softly at Taylor's family-practically my family but not birth- as they danced to the loud music as the sun shined at them. The dads were barbecuing and the women were chattering loudly about their kid's first words or the upcoming wedding of one of their friends. I wasn't really sure because I just wanted to go back inside and feel bad about myself, even though I didn't deserve it. I didn't deserve my own pity.

I quickly turn around and make an "oomph" sound as I bump into someone's hard chest. I could tell since I rapidly looked up at the victim's face, to apologize profusely.

"Im so so sorry. I didn't know someone was behind me. If I had known I would have gotte-"

The handsome stranger just shakes his head as he smiles. "It's fine. Trust me." I internally scoff. Trust was not registered in my mind anymore. Even though it wasn't his fault, New York and its people had ruined it for me.

I ignored the conversation he was trying to have with me and dragged him towards the back door of the house, to enter and clean his shirt.

I look around, searching for a towel to clean the dark brown stain that decorated his white dress shirt.