Chapter 17: Five Minutes

Daniela dragged me upstairs and into the room. Danny was there taking a sip of his drink staring at me with a smile, I knew he was faking.

I don't blame him for suspecting me. It's no coincidence that we meet twice. I would be suspicious of me too.

"Danny this is Lana. Lana this is Danny." Daniela introduced us, which was the cue for us to greet.

We shook hands and said our greetings.

"So if I may ask how did you two meet?" Danny asked shaking the ice in his cup, around.

"Oh we're high school buddies. We've known each other longer but we never bothered to talk to each other but magically one day it happened and now here we are." Daniela thought back to the memories unaware that her cousin was staring at me. And not an admiration look either.

"Oh wow that's nice." Danny said then tried taking another sip of his drink then noticed it was empty. He clicked his tongue. "Daniela could you please go get me a drink? And maybe one for your friend also?" I knew what he was doing, but I was actually thankful to him. We needed to be alone without Daniela finding out about this.

"Yeah sure I guess." She grumbled and opened the door, then turned around with her eyes narrowed at Danny. "Don't you dare flirt with a"

"HAHAHA Daniela the drink please I'm getting kind of thirsty." I laughed once again to cover up her talk. Nobody could dare know I was engaged. I couldn't drag my fiancé into problems, not now, not ever.

"Who exactly are you?" Danny rushed to say right after Daniela closed the door.

"You say that as if I'm here to do wrong. I really am Daniella's best friend. There's nothing suspicious about me." I deadpan.

He nods then shakes his head. "Is it another cigarette that you want? Or is it money? I swear you all would befriend my cousin into tr-"

"HAAA, you think I want money? A cigarette, maybe, but money? Oh please, you really do think you're the most important person ever, but let me tell you this Danny Fued," I emphasized his name for more effect. "I could actually care less about your money and your stupid looks. I'm not here to sleep with you nor for your money. I legitimately came here with Daniela because I haven't seen her in a while, now excuse me. I've got to go because I honestly can't stand being in the same room with an arrogant idiot who thinks they're the center of the world." I roll my eyes and take deep breaths while turning my heel making my way to the door.

I really couldn't be in the same room as him, he was too much. I guess I had to find another way to make Chris a very happy man and for me to leave soon.

I place my hand on the door knob until I'm pulled back with a hand covering my mouth. I start yelling but it's no use because it sounds muffled. I raise my elbow and hit his stomach then proceed to grab his hand and twist it back.

"What do-"

He reversed the move, then spins me and holds me under his grip. "Shh. I think someone's here." He whispers, concentrated on the silence.

"What are you talking about?" I whisper-yell.

"Listen."

I don't hear any-

After thirty seconds of me hearing nothing there's suddenly screams and a gunshot.

I open my eyes wide.

"Daniela!"

"Daniela!" We both say in sync.

I get up and quickly but quietly walk towards the door until Danny once again pulls me back.