23 Caught in a lie

Start from the beginning

"Taemin ah, do you happen to know what happened to Jimin?"

Taemin was a puzzled why Minho is actually asking about Jimin.  He saw Jimin this morning and he had seemed fine.

"What do you mean hyung? I saw Jimin this morning and he seems alright."

"You remember Taehyung?"

"Taehyung? Which Taehyung?"

"Taehyung is V, he is in the same group as Jimin. You know V from BTS, he acted in the hwarang drama with me."

"Oh..," Taemin replied as he recall meeting V at one of the music bank when he was talking with Jimin in BTS's waiting room, he just was not used to refering to V as Taehyung, "what about V?"

"Taehyung called me awhile back. He said that Jimin have not been himself ever since he returned to his company."

"Okay, but shouldn't V be asking the rest of BTS? It's weird that he is calling someone from SHINee instead."

"That is because the rest of BTS recall that Jimin told them he was going to your place this morning. But after Jimin returned, he had refused to do anything at all. He is not even practicing or saying anything and was even talking about leaving BTS. Did anything happen Taemin ah?"

"WHAT!? JIMIN WANTS TO LEAVE BTS!?" Taemin shouted over the phone as he could not believe his ears.

Why would Jimin want to leave BTS when they are now at the peak of their success? From what he knows, BTS has always been supportive of one another, it could not have been due to any of the BTS members.

"Yah Taemin, are you still there?" Taemin heard Minho's voice over the phone when he was deep in his thoughts.

"Hyung I gotta go. Do you know where V or Jimin is right now?"

"I am not sure but I can ask Taehyung and drop you a message on his location."

"Thank you so much hyung," Taemin answered as he hurriedly took his car keys and dialed for someone else on his phone.

"Kai, get ready, I am picking you up in 5."

- Jimin's company -

"Jimin, at least tell us what is happening so that we can help," Suga of BTS said as he sat beside Jimin in the dance studio.

"Yah Jimin, you need to say something, you are making us worried," Jhope added as he looked at a lifeless Jimin hugging his knees.

"Jimin hyung, please," this time the maknae of BTS, Jungkook, pleaded.

"I'll leave. I'll leave BTS," Jimin mumbled, his eyes looking dead.

"You can't Jimin! We promised one another, remember!?" Jin said as he crounched down to Jimin's eye level. Jimin's eyes were empty.

Initially when Jimin returned from his trip to Taemin's house, he had been crying and hiding himself in the dance studio. The BTS members noticed and tried comforting him.

They asked Jimin what was wrong but Jimin had refused to say anything. He kept mumbling words like 'leave', 'alone', 'eventually", which none of the BTS members understood.

But when Jimin finally made his words clear, he had alarmed the rest of BTS by saying he wants to leave BTS. That caused Jhope, Jungkook, and V to start tearing while RM, Jin and Suga tried finding out why.

They decided to try reaching out to Taemin after failing to get anything out of Jimin for 2 hours.

None of them have Taemin's contact, so V had to contact SHINee's Minho to get to Taemin. V had been close with SHINee's minho ever since they acted together in a drama.

"Jimin ah!" Taemin called as he entered BTS's dance studio hurriedly along with Kai and Timoteo.

The moment Jimin saw Taemin, he started laughing in disbelief to himself, tears rolling down his chubby cheeks.

"Jimin ah," Taemin called softly this time as he knelt down in front of Jimin.

"Jiminie, what's wrong?" Kai asked with concern as he knelt beside Taemin and Timoteo held onto Jimin's lifeless hand.

Jimin closed his eyes as he leaned his head back on the wall. He laughed bitterly as he shook his head, tears never stopping. Jimin could not believe almost everyone that he will be leaving is here. Almost.

"Jimin.." Kai said worriedly, "we are here. Your BTS members are here. If there is anything wrong, we will all help you fix things together."

"Jimin hyung, please. Even your swuad is here too, please," Jungkook pleaded in tears.

Jimin opened his eyes slowly. He have been crying for so long that he could no longer feel the tears streaming down his face. He scan through each and everyone of the worried faces in front of him.

Not everyone is here, yet he already felt broken enough. Jimin don't know if his heart could possibly break any further if the rest of the squad and Jaeoh turns up. But who was he kidding? Why would the rest even turn up?

"All these.. all these are but one big lie," Jimin finally spoke.

"What lie Jimin? What do you mean?"

"Caught in a lie.." Jimin mumbled but loud enough for everyone to hear, "these.. all these were all but a vain dream."

_________