CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON

Começar do início

"Is it hurting again? You ought to have that medical check – up," he said.

"I already did. And the doctors say it's just stress," I told him.

RM looked at me and then heard him swore before he closed the distance between us and had me wrapped in his arms, my head on his hard chest.

"I hate virtual hugs. I love this, wanted this, dreamt of this, prayed for this," he said," with his voice sounding pissed off.

I should push him away. I should but he felt so warm and so good. My chest still hurts a lot and I can hardly speak from the pain of it. So I closed my eyes and enjoyed every bit of his nearness.

Then everything went black as I felt myself lose my consciousness.

****************************************************************************************************

A week has passed since the Kalesa trip. Having now known that I have a weak heart and viral infection tendencies, the doctors had so many annoying instructions. I cannot be in dirty places, I cannot eat dirty foods, and I cannot be stressful. We do have a family history of heart attack as my paternal grandparents and uncles died early because of sudden high blood and heart attack.

The perks of my boss and RM knowing those facts meant they have not bothered me with the abrupt confessions they did on the trip. Alhamdulillah.

Right now, I just want normalcy. I am a good and hardworking secretary and I enjoy earning lots and lots of money to pay off my parent's debt. In shaa Allah.

I finished printing the memo and made my way to Isaac's office. He looked up when I entered his office. I placed the memo on his table and he signed it. I got the paper back and left his office. We've been like that for the last five days. He would only talk to me when he gave instructions, only when he needed to talk to me. If not, he'll just stay quiet. I don't mind the silence. In fact, I love it. It does not drive me nuts, contrary to what I expected. Him being distant and quiet is enough.

I faxed the memo to Mr. Jungkook Martinez, owner of Islamic Audio Projects Company and messaged him in his google account.

"Assalamu alaykum. Good day Mr. Martinez! The memo about the joint – contribution for the Rebuild Marawi City Project for the Islamic Group of Companies Association of the Philippines (IGCAP) has already been faxed to you. Please reply to confirm of your availability for the said meeting time and venue. Thank you."

I did the same thing for Mr. Taehyung Manuel, owner of Kim Resort, Mr. Jin Smith, President of Halal Restaurants Inc., Mr. Park Jimin, President of the University of the Philippines, Mr. Suga Yoongi, President of Muslim Reverts Association, and lastly to my surprise, Dr. J-Hope Viscar, President of Muslim Doctors for the Ummah Association.

I wasn't surprise at all when J-Hope was the first to reply.

"I confirm. I am available at the time and venue. See you Ms. Harsh."

I still politely replied thank you. The other Presidents replied and I dutifully dial my boss to tell him of the good news.

"Sir, the six will be available on Saturday, they have all confirmed. I will now call the restaurant to make reservations," I told him.

He sighed before answering.

"There is one more person," he said.

"Who?" I asked.

He already gave me the list of names. There are seven company members of IGCAP.

"The newly appointed President of Islamic Foundation Television, Mr. Raphael Monstefar," Isaac said.