Saying Goodbye

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

#25

I had to do this.

I had to say goodbye to Owen.

But why was I so scared to knock on his door?

I raised my palm for possibly a hundredth time now.
I sucked in my stomach, flat, and let my knuckles bounce off the wooden surface.
The barrier preventing me from seeing Owen was still pointing right me in the face, even after I repeated the procedure countless times.

I grew annoyed. Extremely frustrated that he wouldn't open his door to any visitors at all.

For the last darn time I banged my fist across the door receiving nothing in return.

"On behalf of the Ice Crown open the bloody d-"

"The door hasn't done a thing to you." I twisted on my heel spotting Owen leaning against the wall just behind me. His eyes told me he has been resided at the spot for longer than I wanted him to.

"I was looking for you." I said quietly to which his eyebrows rose.
He signalled for me to move away and I did, watching as Owen pulled out a golden key and entered it into the lock before rotating it three times.
The Earth Prince croaked the door open switching on the lights. I followed inside but I was instantly shoved back into the hallway.

"Who said you can come in?"

"Owen listen I-" He didn't even look at me as the door slammed closed, the lock secured back on.

"Oh I don't want to hear it!" I heard his tone muffled in response. I stared at the door as if the male would actually let me in this time.

"I'm sorry." I managed bowing my head to examine my hands. Surely I was unable to see Owen but I could feel his eyes on my figure. It was just this strange feeling that sat at the bottom of my stomach, it certainly wouldn't go off.

"It takes more than a sorry, Eira." I glared at the flat surface imagining it to be Owen's face.

"Then what do you want me to do?! I don't even understand what I am apologizing for?! It was none of my fault?! Nothing. I have done nothing wrong!" I rasped past my lips. I shook my head leaning against the door. There was no reply back, just empty space, I was no longer sure whether Owen was there.

"You will be happy with him. You two complete each other." It was faint but I caught on it. My eyes went shut, as I felt two lone tears run down my cheeks. Why did it hurt so much? Why doing this hurt so freaking much?

"It will be best for the Kingdom. Best for everyone." I whispered my throat going tight.

"Why are you continuously breaking my heart?" I bit my lips in order to prevent a sob from escaping. It was awful. I needed to go, I was about to break.

"I'm trying to make you understand. No one will get hurt-" Owen banged a fist against the door on the opposite end before yelling out in anger.

"Y-you only care about yourself!" Temperature dropped, it was so cold, so freezing. My palms folded to form fists. Water dripping from the ceiling turned into a ice sickle and it fell, right into my hand.

I blew softly at the lock, making the mechanism break, I knocked it out with another ice made dagger shoving the door open.

Owen's eyes were brighter, no gemstone in the world were more livid than these two retinas staring at me.

"I'm trying to prevent a war, A WAR, Owen. My father planned it. I was to marry Nathan, end of. And it is for the better. No other element fits better than does water and ice. The unison between all elemental groups was there for a show. An act." I let my hands fall at my sides. Now Owen knew what my life was like.