Snowflake

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

#5

I was on a hunt. For my father. It was enough of waiting. I needed to know exactly went through between the two Kingdom's behind my back. But that meant tormenting my father..and finding out what he tried to eagerly to hide from me. So I paused when I stood right before the dark brown wooden door. I kept my knock light, my hand clenched the doorknob and then I pried it open.

"Eira?" King Darren lifted the brown head glancing from the pile of crisp paper. There was surprise and consternation in his faded eyes.

"You're back so soon?" There were alarming bags under the two tired pupils but I didn't draw my attention to them. King Darren's front was wholly drained from emotion, although, there was a hint of anxiousness and dire in the air.

"What deal did have you made with the Water King?" It was hard to remain calm. I pressed my back against the head of the chair and waited.

At first there was silence, he didn't want to answer, that was clear. "What do you know?" Sucking in a dollop of oxygen, eyes strained on the Ice King who left all his work aside on the old wood.

"A decent amount." The King assessed me cautiously, wrinkles on the deadly pale skin tugged making him appear older than his true age. The neatly shaved chin was always raised when in thought.

"There are too many ears in this place, Eira. All I can tell you is that it was done in order to protect everyone, to protect us, possibly avoid failure which if happened could never be untied." I browsed the white room, one way to contain my anger.
My Father was very thoughtful of every command and law that became published. Citizens of the Ice would never defy Ice Royals, they respected us too much. My parents had respect from every corner of the Kingdom.
So what protection he was speaking of I couldn't name it? Who? When?

"Okay." Muttering vaguely under my breath was the only action I could take. Possibilities of an enemy were slim, considering everyone disliked Darkness Elementals the most and us the least, but there was a meager possibly of it being true. Frederick's group was enough to stand as proof of it.

A maid rushed into the office room, her eyes enlarged and frankly unsettled. "Yes, Melissa?" The Ice King called gesturing for the tiny female to talk.

"The crystal flowers.... They've been destroyed, dozens ripped to pieces. The Ice Garden completely torn apart-" The petite woman bursted, wide blanched eyes jogged over the snow walls like there was no tomorrow.

"Who's behind the damage?" King Darren gloomed, rising from the stool impatient and distressed. The crystal flowers were the central beauty of our Kingdom. No such miracle grew anywhere else on the face of the earth, in fact by some they weren't even thought to be plants. Others were not even aware of their existence altogether. They were highly endangered species that needed severely low temperatures to survive.

"Fire Elementals, your majesty. It were Fire Elementals." My Father blew a frustrated chunk of air, beyond enraged. Cracking fingers above the crook of his jaw, the Ice King scowled deeply.
"If Beatrice finds out-" I began, and my father brought up a palm fastly cutting me down.

"Go down there, explain how you want them to behave. I will later discuss this with the Fire King." I was in a vacuum with no air to breathe. With no parent around they would undoubtedly just go with the flow. Fire Elementals had a mechanism of emotions which they could not disciple at all. Angering one was a duplicate of setting the world on flames. Maybe even worse.

"Why me? They would listen to you!" I pointed to the obvious. Fire Elementals were insane, and I couldn't cope with a bunch of them. There was just something utterly underrated about them that had me instantly repelling.