Skylar, Prince of Darkness

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

#9

"You assumed!? Wait let me repeat myself, YOU ASSUMED?!" King Darren has an expression of a devil. The angriest and fiercest Satan imaginable. The pale blue eyes were full of rage, last time I've seen my Father this angry was when I accidentally​ punched Alayna in the face when first practicing my powers.

"What else did you want me to do?! What else could be the cause of a fire other than a Fire Elemental?" I question, his tone was harsh, nothing like I've come across previously.

"So you jump straight to the conclusion that it was the son of Gabriel? With practically no evidence?!" The tone of his voice is strange, very strange. Almost like someone has possessed him into saying these things. But there was no one to. No one had such power.

"This is evidence." I point to the pocket that hid the silver chain. My father exhales a loud frustrated breath. His hands grasp his hair in annoyance.

"These are sold in all Kingdoms existing. It could have belonged to anyone, an Ice Elemental, a Electricity Elemental which could have been the result of fire." The dark haired man scruffs the neatly piled paper files stuffing them into wooden cupboards.

"If you let me visit other Kingdoms, I would've known that." I reply dryly watching my Father pick up bawled pieces of paper and drop those into metal cans.

"Who even gave you the right to visit Earth Lands?" He fretted throwing the silver bin against the wall, completely discarding my truthful comment.

"You didn't say anything when Nathan took me to Water Lands, even gave him the family key!?" I shriek blatantly ready to escape this claustrophobic tiny space.

"Because you will marry Prince Nathan." I stop on my heel, twisting my face to get a better sight of the Ice King. His eyes bore into mine, wanting to compel me into just giving up. Not to fight him.

"What?" Maybe I misheard him, maybe it was all a silly joke. My heart continue to sink like a punctured ship at the bottom of the ocean.

"You will marry Nathan." King Darren repeats urgently, I feel my lips tremble.

"I don't need a husband. Why can't you understand?! I can be a leader. I am a leader. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" I hoarse with shaking hands, the energy cursing through my veins under incredible tension that wanted to be let out, no needed to be let out.

"I can protect myself. I can fight. You taught me how to. Mum wasn't pleased but you still did. Don't you remember?" I whisper voice straining and throat clogged up. There was sharp intake of breath, the Ice King looked blankly at me.

"Do not mention that woman in my presence!" He rasped with tears building up in pale oval eyes.
"Well she was my mum." I avowed shockingly having guts to meet his penetrating eye.

"She did not love you. She ran away with a lover and never came back."
King Darren argued, I bow my head faintly, enmity rising in my brain.

"The only reason she left was because you didn't love her!" I roar loudly, the cold crystal forming a sword in my left hand. There is a silence as my father takes in what I'm about to do.

My right palm comes grasping the handle and plunges at the Ice King with so much spite. But King Darren saw me coming, ice daggers exploded from his palms knocking my sword off. I stand straight, my palms manifesting snow balls that melted anything they came in contact with.
Ice King knew how to deal with those easily, how? Because he taught me that trick himself.