Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine - The Colour of His Eyes

          ''This is it.''

          My eyes wander up to meet a beautiful blue eyes, understanding why Joanne keeps falling in love with the man who possesses it. ''You're not leaving forever, are you?''

          Ever since Joanne laid eyes on Seth, she was head over heels but after discovering his sexuality, she decided to move along and be friends with him. Then again, it's hard for her to look at him and discard any feelings. Joanne is not only drawn towards his beauty but she's more attracted by the way he's treating her. The way he would tuck strands of her hair behind her ear when they're talking or the way he would wipe away the whipped cream smudged on her lips whenever they have a sundae . . . it's the things he would do whenever they're together. It is what drawn her.

          Seth chuckles, ''How could I when I have two beautiful women right here waiting for me?''

          ''What a dream come true,''

          ''You have no idea.''

          Truth be told, if Seth was straight then he'd be one hell of a distraction; even I might've fallen down to my knees but thank god for his preference in men. Besides, the spot's taken.

          He continues to look around and it's no doubt he's currently looking for Joanne when she's nowhere to be found. She left early this morning with only a note behind saying 'Safe trip, Seth.' stuck on the fridge. Seth kept quiet ever since we left home and I don't need to ask to know he's already missing her presence. Sometimes, I'm the confused one in between—it's like they're hiding something from me and I'm just oblivious.

          ''Joanne told me she was busy,'' I say.

          ''Don't kid me, Belle.'' He replies, ''She doesn't want to see me. She hates it that I'm going. She wants me around and she hates it knowing I'm not going to be around for a couple of weeks. She's used to me being with her,''

          I frown, ''Can you blame her?''

          ''No. I just expected her to be here with you,''

          ''Seth—''

          He cuts me off, ''—it's fine, Belle. When you see her, just tell her I love her. I mean it. She needs to know that,'' His eyes remain focusing onto my own as he runs his fingers through his hair carelessly, ''And I love you, you know that right?''

          ''You told me for like a billion times,'' I smile.

          This is what it's like with Seth. He's not afraid to let people know how he feels or what he thinks. Sometimes, it's like he speaks his mind without thinking whether it's worth it or appropriate. Seeing him wanting to go to London just for the sake of sorting and figuring things out seem like a surprise because the Seth I know; the Seth both Joanne and I know would just speak what he wants. That's how I know it's important to him, because he has to go all the way out.