Chapter Two

Chapter Two - Beautiful Stranger

          ''It's Valentine's Day,'' Joanne joins on the bench, ignoring Seth who was clearly having a conversation with me which causes him to scoff before taking a bite of his tuna sandwich. ''It's the day where people conceive unintentionally.''

          ''Valentine's Day literally means Sex Day,'' Seth replies, frowning. ''You're so caught up in some celebration that doesn't even need to exist. It's a day for cowards to profess their undying love,'' He adds, not agreeing with Joanne who has this whole other idea in her head; she enjoys living in a world where people are easily expected. Joanne likes to know what to expect as well and one of the reasons why she gets along with almost everyone on campus is because she's good at making friends and lovers aside from her born beauty.

          Joanne doesn't need to put an effort in what she wears or put on her face, she's already beautiful and she's confident. She knows she can have anyone in bed, girls or boys because she's confidently pretty, in a way of saying. For instance, she's sitting on the bench with us right now wearing a tank top and skinny jeans, purposely showing off her cleavage but like I said . . . her confidence is something I can never compete.

          ''Hey! Valentine's Day gives hope to those who are scared of professing their love. For example, your dearest friend over here.'' Joanne chuckles, pointing at me which instantly causes me to roll my eyes and Seth to laugh—as annoying as she is, it's true. I'm too scared of confessing my silly crush to Haden because looking back at myself and looking back at him, it feels like we're worlds apart. Something occasional turned out to be something serious when I realised just how much I am attracted to that beautiful stranger.

          I lean my back on the bench, ''I'm not scared. I'm just being careful with the choices I make,''

          ''Honestly, Belle, you're not getting anything out of being careful.'' She rests her head on my shoulder before grabbing my hand and play with the tips of my fingers, ''It's now or never—he's a senior and you're a junior. He'll graduate this year, then you probably won't see him ever again unless you man up and talk to him. At least start off as friends,''

          ''Friends? I can't even go to him and say hi!'' My heart feels like it's going to thump out of my chest before standing up, taking a few steps back and for some reason, Seth and Joanne has their eyes wide but before I can question them, I feel myself trip onto something which causes me to grab onto the nearest thing I could find, someone's arm.

          I close my eyes in fear of falling but the somehow, the stranger has his arm wrapped around my waist to avoid me from falling onto the ground. The familiar smell of his cologne confuses me for a few seconds as I open my eyes, meeting a pair of beautiful brown eyes staring back at me in surprise—letting me blink a few times, realising how I'm in the arms of the man I like; possibly love.