Chapter Three

Chapter Three - Drunken Encounters, Perfect Encounters

          Have you ever being dragged to a party you dread not going? It feels exactly like being dragged to church when I was younger but instead of going to a place where you'll seek for forgiveness, now it's rather like going to a place where you'll commit sins but Joanne gets very ambitious on wanting me to attend. No matter how annoyed or angry Seth and I might be.

          ''Why are we here again?'' Seth asks, running his fingers through his dark brown hair before looking down at me.

          ''The adrenaline rush?'' I raise an eyebrow as we both laugh.

          ''Guys, come on. Let's party!'' Joanne shouts through the music, grabbing onto our hands and literally dragging us towards the dance floor; dancing to the music and swaying our hips with mostly strangers in the room but positively viewing it, Seth, Joanne and I get to spend some fun together and it feels like we're bonding rather than stressing out about exams, tests and even projects. For once, it feels like our problems are slowly pushed away.

          My eyes wander around the crowd to find people losing themselves to the music, letting themselves drown and for some reason, no one seems to be thinking about unsolved issues or dreadful problems. We're all young and craving for the sensation of adrenaline rush in our veins.

         Without me realising, we're already jumping up and down to the music as we hold the bottle of alcohol up high in our hands. Just like that, everything around me starts to move in slow motion and even the music feels more soothing rather than something damaging my eardrums. ''Why are we here again?'' Seth shouts, causing me to laugh before wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands hold me by the hips—swaying our hips side by side to the music.

         I immediately look up into his blue eyes to find them looking down into my own as well, making me smile.

          To my surprise, Seth pulls me closer as I turn around and letting him run his hands down my arms. It's nothing bizarre or unusual with him leaning close to my neck and with our bodies leaving no space in between, only dancing to the music because we both know where we stand. His arms begin to wrap around my waist from behind as we sway our hips, purposely leaning my back closer to him which causes him to turn me around, our faces are inches apart.

          Our eyes meet in an instant and immediately, I don't know who or what to blame. Maybe, it's the alcohol in my veins or the beautiful ocean blue eyes he possessed. Everything around us begins to slow down or so I thought before he leans his forehead against mine—our eyes closed and our fingers entwined, seconds before our lips brush against one another. ''Belle . . . ''

          ''Huh?'' I frown as I feel him placing his hand around my neck.

          Seth and I have never been in this kind of situation before because as far as we know, we realise our boundaries. No matter how close or how much we know about each other, it feels impossible to develop this kind of attraction especially when his own attraction leads to men but everything about that is somewhat forgotten as our lips meet. One thing or more precise, one person begins to appear in my mind which causes me to pull him closer towards me, letting him run his hands down my back.