Chapter 28

15 May 1967

ADALINE'S POV

I had come back to London for part of the week to celebrate Lily's birthday. After celebrating at the house earlier, she, myself, Maggie, and Sophie had decided to go out on the town for rest the night.

"So where exactly are we going?" Sophie asked.

"Bag O'Nails Club. George Fame and the Blue Flames are playing. I thought it'd be something different." Lily replied.

"I'm up for it. I haven't been there in ages." Maggie said.

"You know, walking around town like this makes me realize how much I really miss London." I said, looking around.

Sophie looked at me. "You could always move back.."

Lily nodded. "Your brothers and I miss having you around."

"I miss you all too, but I'm just not sure about living here again."

Soon we arrived and made our way inside. I looked around, I had never been here before.

"Let's sit here." Sophie said as we all piled around the booth.

"First round of drinks are on me!" Maggie yelled, trying to wave over one of the waitresses.

"You know, I haven't drank since before I had Madelynn."

"You really haven't drank in that long?"

I shook my head. "After she was born I didn't have any reason to."

"Well then, you need something strong and I know exactly what to order you." Maggie said with a smirk.

I shook my head, letting out a laugh. Soon the waitress brought over our drinks as we held them up.

"To Lily, happy birthday!" Maggie yelled.

"Happy Birthday!" We all yelled as we began to drink.

I looked up from my drink and around the club. It was rather packed in here for a Monday night. I went to turn back to the stage when I met eyes with someone I didn't expect.

"Paul.."

He just looked at me as if he was contemplating what to do next. After a few seconds he stopped and looked away.

I couldn't stop smiling at the sight of him. I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol in my system, but suddenly I felt something towards him I hadn't felt in over a year.

He turned back my way as a small grin crept onto his face. The lad sitting next to him had tapped on his shoulder, causing him to look away. About a minute later I saw him stand up and walk away. I watched as he walked to the other side of the club, before getting lost within the crowd. Letting out a sigh I grabbed my purse and stood up.

"Where you going?" Sophie asked.

"The loo. I'll be back in a few."

They all nodded as they turned back to the stage.

After using the loo I walked over to the bar and ordered myself another drink. Feeling a tap on my shoulder I looked up to see Paul standing there. "Well hello, love."

"Hi." I said, trying my hardest not to show how I'd been missing him.

"I'm surprised to see you in London."

"I've been spending more time here lately."

"I'm glad to hear." He said with a small smile.