Chapter 1

3 April 1965

ADALINE'S POV

I suppose that it's only fitting that I start this off by telling you about myself. My name is Adaline Elise Mitchell. I was born on the 3rd of June 1945. I'm a Brit, born and raised in London. My father, Benjamin Mitchell, is a former physician for the Royal Air Force during World War 2 and still a current physician. He was never really around that much during my childhood and teen years. Working was always his top priority, but during the times he was around, he was always judgmental of my brothers and I. Dad would constantly tell us that we weren't taking the right paths in life, that we could do more. Then there's my mother, Elizabeth Mitchell (nee Martin), nurse. She was the supportive parent, most of the time. Unlike like my dad, she always told us kids that we could do whatever we wanted as long as it made us happy. Though she did keep busy being a nurse, she always had time to be there for us kids. Speaking of, I have two older brothers; Charlie and Alex. My eldest brother, Charlie, 24, is currently a police officer here in London. He's rather quiet and serious. Out of the three of us dad says he's the most accomplished and will make it the farthest in life. He has his fiancé, Lily, she's practically the sister I never had. Both she and Charlie met when they were 15, started dating then they were 16 and they've been together since. Then there's my other brother. Alex, 22, is complete opposite from Charlie. Alex is the comedic and flirtatious type. I swear he's a ladies magnet, he can get a date with a woman so easily. My family's rather interesting, but I love them to death.

~~~

Today I'm going to visit my uncle George at his work place, Abbey Road Studios. He had forgotten something at home and asked me to bring it. He's currently the record producer for The Beatles. I'm rather excited to go and see everything there. I'm not the greatest musician, more of a writer, but Uncle George wants me to work on my music and make a career of it.

I had pulled into Abbey Road, making my way inside. I watched as some fans gave me dirty looks and made a few comments. They'd do anything to get in here, I'm just lucky enough to have my Uncle George. Walking down the hallway I found the sign saying 'Studio 3' and went inside. "Hello, Uncle George." I smiled as I went over to him. "Here are those papers you asked for."

"Thank you so much for getting these for me. Adaline, I'd like to introduce you to Brian Epstein, the manager of The Beatles." My uncle said as he turned to Brian.

I put out my hand as Mr. Epstein shook it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Epstein, my uncle's told me so much about you."

"It's nice to meet you too, Adaline. Your uncle told me a bit about you as well, says you're a bit of a musician yourself," he replied.

I nodded lightly and smiled. "A bit. I'm more of a writer though."

"Come on, let's go introduce you to the lads." My uncle said as he lead me down the stairs to the four men.

"Lads, this is my niece, Adaline. Addie, this is John, Paul, George, and Ringo."

I smiled and waved lightly at the four of them. "It's a pleasure to meet you, love. Adaline is such a beautiful name." Paul said as a smirk crept across his face. The sound of his voice sent shivers down my spine.

PAUL'S POV

I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her golden brown hair fell just a bit past her shoulders and she had the most beautiful hazel eyes.. That's when I remembered the girl I already have in my life: Jane. I admit I love Jane, but Adaline's beauty was mesmerising. I just met her and I already can't stop staring at her.

"She stopped by for a quick visit and so she could see what it's like here. Adaline's a bit musician as well." George Martin told us before he excused himself and went back up with Brian. She's a musician? Sounds like my kind of bird.