Chapter 6

As I sit down, I see Aiden staring at me. "Mia, you look really beautiful. Don't get me wrong, you always look amazing. But you're breathtaking"

I take a deep breath. "You know...I'm pretty sure friends don't give each other compliments like this."

He smirks, "who said we were going to be just friends."

My eyes widen. I look into his ice blue eyes, taking deep breaths. "I thought we agreed to be friends."

With a big grin on his face, "I don't remember agreeing to anything of the sort. Look Mia, you and I both know that I'm attracted to you and your attracted to me. Before you start arguing, I've seen you checking me out." I blush by his comment. He's completely right. "If you can give me one good reason why this shouldn't be a date, I'll consider just being your friend."

I exhale slowly, "I'm not sure I'm ready to date. I don't trust men very well."

He clasps his hands on the table, "I'm assuming this has to do with an ex. Well...I'm not him. Please do not compare me to him. I would never do anything to hurt you."

I look around at other couples, afraid to meet Aiden's intense gaze. I finally gather the courage to look at him and it looks as if he's looking into my soul. "Okay, I will try not to compare."

He smiles and puts his hand on mine, "thank you, now I don't want to talk about exes. It's our first date and I would like to spend the time getting to know each other."

Amused I look at him, "okay, how old are you? And where do you work?" I ask.

"I'm 27. I serve in the military along with Caleb and Lee. All three of us were navy seals. We were injured in combat and now we work on base here. I'm a weapons specialist. I help design and test weapons." He says.

This sparks my curiosity. "So your a good shot?"

He huffs out of amusement, "well I was a snipper, so I would guess so." That is so sexy. No wonder he's so muscular.

"How were you injured? If you don't mind me asking?" I ask.

"Our vehicle hit a roadside bomb. It basically tore my left arm off. I had to have several surgeries to repair it. They were able to save it, but I still have some problems with it." You can hear his excitement in his voice explaining this to me. However, I can't tell if it's because I'm engaging into conversion with him, or if he just likes to talk about his military background.

"Do you plan on staying around here, or do you think you will be stationed in another location?" I ask.

He gets a huge grin on his face, "ahhh...trying to plan our future already. And the answer to your question is no. I don't plan on moving anytime soon."

I chuckle at him, "keep dreaming."

"Okay, enough about me. I want to know more about you. You will be 22 soon right? And your in your last year in college? What are your plans after graduation?" He leans forward, waiting for my response.

I grin wide, trying to keep my laughter in, "ahhh...trying to plan our future already?" I take a sip of water, watching him amusingly.

He chuckles, "damn right." I choke on the water and start coughing, I wasn't expecting that answer. He's amused.

"Yes, Ill be 22 soon and I graduate in May. I have never really thought about where I will end up. Until, Bob approached me and Sophia about partnering and taking over the restaurant in five years. So...it's seems like I might be sticking around. Who knows what the future holds." More like, who knows if Nick and Henry will find me.

Aiden and I leave the restaurant. As I'm sitting in the passenger seat, I have my hand placed on my thigh. I feel a warm hand reach over and lace our fingers together. I look at Aiden and he isn't even looking at me, but has a grin on his face. Real smooth Mr. Lowell.

We arrive to Sophia's apartment and I get out of the vehicle and Aiden walks me up to the step. God...I'm so nervous. Is he going to kiss me? I feel like I could throw-up. We get to the steps, "Good night Aiden." I give a small wave. He smiles, "goodnight Mia." I turn to walk up and Aiden's hand grabs mine and spins me into him. His other reaches to the side of my face and he plants his lips on mine. I'm shocked by the sudden movement, but instantly kiss him back. My arms go around his neck and he deepens the kiss. His hands moved to my waist, pulling me into him.

My entire body is on fire. The way he kisses me makes me feel like I'm the only person in this world. I slowly run my hands down to his chest, I can feel every muscle contract from my touch. I push off of him a little, breaking us apart. He looks down into my eyes and kisses me on the forehead, "goodnight Mia." Still catching my breath from him, I softly reply, "goodnight Aiden."

I walk up the steps and walk into Sophia's apartment, where I see her straddling Caleb in her bra and him shirtless. "Are you fucking kidding me!" I exclaim

Sophia gets off of Caleb and walks towards me grabbing her shirt. "How did it go?"

I shake my head dropping my keys off on the counter, "really? I just about walk in on you guys having sex and you want to ask about my date?"

Her eyes widen with joy, "so it was a date!"

I take a deep breath, "yes, no, fuck...I guess so. Aiden wouldn't give up on calling it a date. So I gave in." I watch Caleb get up and walk into the kitchen to heat popcorn. "I'll talk to you later Soph, so you and Caleb can finish."

Caleb throws his head back and laughs, "oh believe me, we will later. But, I'm more interested in this non-date that turned out to be a date. Did you let him kiss you?" My cheeks turn red and I nod. He grins, "well then in my opinion it was a date. If it wasn't a date to you, you would haven't let him kiss you. By the look on your face, I would venture to say you enjoyed it."

I go to walk away, "I'm not talking about this."

Sophia grabs my purse that is still on my body, "oh no you don't. He kissed you and you kissed him back!"

I turn toward her, "yes, I kissed him back. It got a little heated and I pushed him away. But, not in a mean way. Just to tell him I wasn't ready for anything more in that moment."

Sophia squeals, "eeek! Oh my god! What was it like? Did it make you want him more? I know it's been over a year since you've had sex."

I look at Caleb and he has stopped eating popcorn with his mouth agape. "SOPHIA! Caleb doesn't need to know everything about me. I'm not sure if I want Aiden to know." I yelled.

She giggles, "oh, when you get to that point, he's going to know."

Caleb leans off the counter, "yeah I would tell him before you get to that point. That is something he needs to know." I was amazed, Caleb didn't look at me like I was a freak. He acted more concerned.

I look at him confused, "why?" I asked.

He smirks, "well there are several reasons. The main one, is because you're going to be tight and he will want to be gentle to make sure he doesn't hurt you. Also, because you will be really tight, it will be hard for any man to not release as soon as he enters you. Lastly, it will boost Aiden's ego. He will know that you're not easy and it will make him feel good that you let him have you. It's definitely a male thing."

"Are you going to tell him about our conversation,"I lift an eyebrow, he tilts his head back, "not if I value my life. Mia, something you should know about Aiden. Could be a good or bad thing, he gets jealous easily. He would be pissed with me if he knew we were talking about sex. Especially about him and you. That's a conversation that he would want to have with you. He's not abusive or anything, he's just a little possessive." He says.

I leave Sophia's house and head home. Once in my apartment, I flop on my bed and touch my lips. Thinking of the amazing kiss that Aiden and I shared. He is really amazing. I've never felt this way about any man and I don't know if I'm going to be able to control myself around him.