Chapter Eight : Assumptions And Forehead Kisses

Start from the beginning

"Hello?" He immediately heard a feminine voice and her tone was sleepy; he knew it was Adhya Reddy, Aditya's fiancée. She was the same girl he had bumped into a day ago. When it came to Adhya, Karthikeya considered Aditya to be the most luckiest guy as Adhya's body was undeniable, undoubtedly the best; every freacking guy would want her in his bed.

"Aditya, are you there?" He heard her voice again. "Uh, it's not Aditya." Karthikeya said after clearing his throat. "Jeez, what the hell is that you want at this hour of midnight?" Adhya sounded irritated. "Girl, your Aditya met with an accident and I want you to come here. Heartbeat Hospital." Karthikeya demanded her presence. "What? Ho-" "Just come here, you'll come to know about everything." He cut her off. "Right, but who are you?" He heard her question. "Karthikeya." He ended the call.

-----

Adhya reached the hospital along with her father, Anand and Aditya's mother, Anjali. Anjali couldn't help but panic when she came to know about the accident. "Uhm, Miss. Adhya Reddy?" Karthikeya questioned Adhya whose back was facing him. Adhya turned around and the panic in her face turned into surprise as she spotted the man who managed to take her breathe away; who managed to effortlessly make her feel different.

"Jeez, what are you doing here?" Adhya whispered-yelled at him and as he was about to speak, Adhya dragged him away from Anand and Anjali. "Okay, listen, I know after bumping into me, you're kinda attracted to me and you can't stop thinking about me because you know what? Same here. Whenever I close my eyes, your beautifully sculpted face comes into my vision, making me loose control over myself. But you know, I'm eng-" Adhya's whispering session was interrupted by her father as she cursed inwardly at her fate.

"Adhya, who is he?" Anand questioned, pointing at Karthikeya who now had a comical expression as Adhya's confession - if it can be called one - was too hilarious. "Uh, Dad, that, he-" Adhya cut herself off, not knowing how to tell her father about her little attraction which was budding into something much more.

"Karthikeya, the one who informed you about the accident and also the one who admitted them in the hospital." Karthikeya spoke for the first time and Adhya lifted her head to look at him. Why do I assume so much? She thought. Her widened eyes, tiny little nose, red cheeks and ajar mouth was making his insides wild as his mind wondered what all he could do to a girl like her who pretended to be a warrior but she was as innocent as a new born baby.

"Oh, hello, I'm Anand Reddy." Anand extended his right hand as Karthikeya took it. Adhya was still gaping at him, shocked beyond explanation. What had I just blabbered? Jeez. She thought. "Room number 5." Aditya said, pointing towards a corridor, opposite to the entrance as Anand nodded, before walking away.

Just when Adhya was about to speak up, a nurse came running to her and asked her to fill in the details of both the patients. In a few minutes she completed filling Aditya's details in and she identified that the other girl along with him was Nisha. She cringed internally as the picture of Nisha kissing her flashed in her mind. She wasn't mad at Nisha anymore and it didn't bother her anymore if she was a female or not because something - or I'd rather say someone with dark brown eyes - bothered her more than anything.

As Adhya was filling in all the details she was aware of about Nisha, she saw the nurse staring at someone hungrily. Adhya followed her gaze and saw her staring at Karthikeya who was speaking on the phone with someone. "Hello girl, what are you staring at, eh?" Adhya snapped her fingers in front of the nurse's face and glared at her as she started blushing.