Chapter 16

I exit the carriage and enter the castle of the Eastern Kingdom, eager to see my sister.  enter the castle and immediatly see my sister standing there, her blonde hair down, wearing a long, pink dress, standing next to Sam. I walk quickly up to her and hug her tightly. She smiles and hugs me back.

"How are you?" I ask her, still huggng her.

"I'm okay," she answers, stepping away from me, "what about you?" I sigh and look around. I see Xavier looking at me, Piper standing next him, content. 

"Let's go for a walk," I say, turnng back to her, "I will explain everything,"

~

After I explained everything to Carol, she was mad, but not furious. She just said, 'everything works out in the end,'. I walk out of the castle into the carriages so we can head back to the Northern Kingdom. Xavier gets in the carriage and gives me a pleading look as he sits down, Piper enters and sits very close to him. I smile, leetting Xavier go through this pain.

"If the baby is a girl, we need to name her Patricia," Piper says excitedly, "if it is a boy, we will name him Xavier, after his father," I roll my eyes and go to sleep.

~

I wake up when the carriage comes to a stop. I look out the window and see the Northern Castle. I get out first to escape the annoying sound of Piper. I enter the castle and go straight to my room. I grab three suitcases and stuff everything I own into them. When I am finished, I get a guard to call a carriage to take me back to the Western Kingdom. The guard bows and leaves. I sigh and walk downstairs and find Alecia in the room.

"Uhm, Alecia?" I ask, snapping her out of her conversation with some messangers, "may I talk to you?" she nods and the messangers leave. 

"Yes?" she asks, looking at me.

"I can't go through with the wedding," I say straight forward. The smile fades on her face, "I am realy sorry, Alecia," she nods.

"It's Piper, isn't it?" she asks. I nod and she smiles again.

"The baby isn't Xavier's," she says. I look at her, confused, "it is a farmer's baby,"

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"The farmer confessed," she says, "he said, 'he loves her a lot and hopes they can be a true family,'" I sigh, slowly believing her. A Queen never lies.

"Alright," I say, "but I still can't go on with the wedding," I leave the room and tell a few servants to bring my bags down and set them by the door. I stand next to door, waiting for a guard to inform me that the carriage is here. I see Xavier walking down the steps and he freezes when he sees me. He walks over and stands in front of me.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"Home," I answer, not looking at him.

"Ally, I am sorry," he says.

"It's too late," I answer as I see Piper walking towards us. The gates open and a guard appears.

"The carriage has arrived, ma'am," he says. I nod in thanks and have two servants take my bags out to the carriage.

"Goodbye, Xavier," I say softly and leave the castle. I hear Piper say something to Xavier, but I ignore it. I hear footsteps behind me. I don't need to turn around to know that it is Xavier.

"Ally, wait!" he calls out. I don't stop, but I do freeze when it starts to rain all the sudden. I sigh as I am suddenly soaking wet. Xavier runs up to me, turns me around and kisses me, hard. I tense, unsure of what to do. I love him.  smile as I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. I pullback and look into his eyes.

"I love you," I say softly, a smile slowly forming on my lips as I say this. He smiles as well and leans in for another kiss until a small voice inturrupts us.

"What are you doing with my fiance, filth," Piper says. I look at her and sigh, looking away.

"Piper, enough," Xavier says, "we are not getting married!"

"But, babe," she says in an extremely annoying high voice, "what about our son!"

"HE IS NOT OUR SON!" Xavier yells, losing it, "HE IS A FARMER'S SON!"

"He is your son, honet," Piper says in a soft voice, hoping to get Xavier on her side.

"He is a farmer named Nick's son, and it s unfair for you to not let him see HIS child," Xavier says, more calm, "Nick loves you and wants to start a family with yoou. Sure, he mght not be royalty, but he will be a good husband and father," Piper sighs.

"But.." she whines again.

"Guards," Xavier says, "take her away from here and to Farmer Nck's house and make sure she doesn't come back," the three guards nod and escort her out of the palace gates. I smile as I look up at Xavier.

"I told you so," he says nas we walk through the rain back into the castle.

"Truth is," I say, "I knew that the baby wasn't yours,"

"Then why were you leaving?" he asks as we sit down on the first few stairs.

"Well," I say, "Piper, for one. And second, I felt betrayed and hurt," Xavier laughs as he hugs me sideways and kisses my forhead. I couldn't have asked for anything better than this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Just a few more chapters left in this book. I know it seemed short, but I never intended for this book to be over twenty chapters. 

Thanks for Reading!

~NZ