Chapter 8

~Next Day~

I stand outside of the castle, watching the servants packing up all the guests' packages onto the carriages. I sigh knowing Carol will be going to a completely different kingdom and I probably wont be seeing her until the wedding. I look over and see my parents walking out of the door, my mother looking elegant and my father anxious. They spot me and walk over and hug me.

"Be good," my mother says proudly, "we will be back for the wedding, we promise," I nod with a smile before I turn to my father.

"Ally," he says, "we are so proud of you and your siblings. Just remember that no matter what life brings us, we will always be there for you, every step of the way," I smile weakly as I hug my father goodbye. With one last goodbyes from my parents, they walk off to their carriage and get in. My mother waves at me before the driver urges the horses forwards, taking my parents away, back to the Western Kingdom. I look around and spot David and Sophie walking towards their carriage. Sophie catches me standing there and says something to David, who nods, before walking over to me. She smiles, her brown hair tied up in a braid like the day we met. She takes a deep breath before hugging me.

"I know we never talked," she says, still hugging me, "but I consider you my sister already. And I ask one favor from you; please take care of my brother," she steps back with a smile, tears in her eyes.

"I will," I say honestly, "I promise," she hugs me again before she walks off.

"I'll see you soon," she says after taking a few steps. I nod and smile as she gets into the carriage that will take her to her new life wth David in the Southern Kingdom. The doors open again and Xavier walks out of them, looking like he is in a hurry. He sees me and walks over.

"Have you seen Sophie?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say, nodding towards the carriage Sophe was n, whch was almost out of the gates. Xavier nods and runs towards it. I watch him and soon the carriage door opens and Sophie getsw out of the carriage and runs towards her brother. The hug for a while before Xavier bends down to say something to her. She nods and with one last hug, returns to the carriage. Xavier just stands there and watches the carriage disappear. I smile as I look away, heart breaking. I looked away just in time when Tanya and Zane walk out of the door. I smile and walk towards them. Tanya spots me and stops and waits for me to approach. Zane looks back at Tanya and sees me walking towards them.

"Hey," I say with a weak smle, "you're leaving already!" she nods weakly.

"Yeah," she says. I sigh and hug her.

"I'm really going to miss you," I say honestly, "now who am I going to beat a horse races now?" she laughs softly.

"I don't know," she says. I turn to my brother.

"You take good care of her," I tell him firmly, "and Tanya, keep him in check, alright?" they both nod, smiling. I hug my brother quickly before I lost it. Xavier appears next to me and shakes their hands good bye.

"Take good care of my sister," Zane says firmly to Xavier, who smiles. I laugh softly because Zane basically repeated what I told him. I watch sadly as Zane and Tanya get into their carriage and it drives away. The door opens and I look behnd us, expecting to see Carol and Sam. But instead t s Garold and his wife. Garold glares at me as he passes. He probably is still mad that he didn't get money by offering up his daughter to be married. I laugh quietly as he clumsly gets into his carriage. I look behind me once more when the doors are opened and I see Carol walking out next to Sam. I smile and walk up to Carol and hug her tightly.

"I'll miss you," I tell her.

"I'll miss you as well," she says. I step back and look over at Sam.

"I never talked to you ever in my life," I say, "but please, take good care of my sister,"

"I will," Sam says, "you have my word," I smile as I give one last hug to Carol and watch them leave in their carriage. I turn around and head back into the castle, still depressed about my family leaving. Xavier follows at my side, looking upset about something. But I don't ask what. Queen Alecia spots us from the dining room and waves us over.

"Yes?" Xavier asks.

"We have decided on wedding dates," she says with a smile, "Tanya and Zane's will be next month, David and Sophie's will be a week after that, Sam and Carol's will be the followng week after that, then the week after theirs will be your wedding," I nod, nervous. So the wedding was in two months.

"So, between now and then, we will work on preparations," Alecia says. I smile, trying to be excited. I smile and turn to walk away after Alecia dismissed us. I know that the weeks ahead will be long and tough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Wedding won't be for quite a few chapters.

Thanks for readng!

~NZ